Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

You can put this SSDTAMD.aml in Clover ACPI "Patched" folder. This is the essence of what slice added to Clover.

This is a link to the ssdt. Clover/ACPI/Patched

Added this file to Clover/ACPI/Patched

Same problem;

boot.plist contains:

<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>

add this to your plist and you should be fine

</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>

Yes have this in my boot in plist:

<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>

Still black screen when wake from sleep :(

Update: Sleep worked before logging in. Waked -> logged in, Sleep -> Same problem, dark screen. (Mouse led (bottom) is ON when waking = OK)

Update 2: Sleep works fine before logging in, tested multiple times. Still don't know why after logging in the black screen still appears. (Mouse led (bottom) is OFF when waking, only blincking short when clicking a button)

Last edited:
Updated the first post to reflect some recent changes. :)

My RX480 + HD530 work great (with lilu and friends). Including metal and H.264 hardware encoding.
I bought the RX480 secondhand from a miner for a reasonable price. I had not expected it to work so well, with so little effort.
Also the MSI RX480x is really silent, even under load.
IMO, AMD is a good choice for lots of people.

Can anyone please help, I'm really out of ideas tried all I could.

Sleep works only before logging in (at the user select screen).

After I login, and press Sleep, the machine goes to sleep well. After wakeup, no screen. Need to reboot and reset CMOS, (reboot loop)

I attached my Clover USB

(I need to boot from USB because when I install the exact same on the SSD, and booting from SSD I get 256 colors and 640x460 resolution..)

Got same results with Multibeast 10.1 (fresh install on USB)

Attachments

• my-boot-usb-drive.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Updated the first post to reflect some recent changes. :)[/QUOTE
Updated the first post to reflect some recent changes. :)

Can you add Vega cards and IDs? The 10,000Controllerkext. Frontier 16gb is 0x6863? RX Vega 64 8gb 0x687F, RXVega 56 (68??), and we have a few others for speculation. Might some of these IDs be for the new CoffeeLake Intel CPU with Vega Graphics and HBM2? It would be cool to have Vega IGPU in OSX and Intel has announced the new venture with AMD mentioning "Certain" clients that are interested. We have 9 new IDs for Vega Controller only 3 are accounted for?

10,000kext.png

Also, currently there seems to be a kext missing for the Fury card ID 0x73001002. It has its own 9300Controllerkext but no acceleratorkext to match. Maybe a 11500kext?

Is Vega already working completely fine or are there some glitches left?

The glitches are due to Driver maturity. I am in the latest test beta 13.2 and my Geekbench Compute is 210,000 Luxmark is 25000, Uningine Valley ExtremeHD score 2900. The Valley until this latest would not run correctly it had horizontal tearing in multi screen or anti-aliasing mode, Now it’s solved but the public release should be coming in the next week or two. Even with the public version the card works without IGPU or lilu and whatevergreen kexts.

I am using only FakeSMCkext on my i5 6500 and I have HDMI Audio the only glitch is that clover won’t inject the RX Vega name correctly so I edit it manually. Igpu is totally disabled or I can run with it. It’s great!

Here's a few benches and there is a Vega 56 bench (not mine) in 13.1.

13.2 benches.png RX 56 Vega geekbench.png

Last edited:
If you can find a Gigabyte rx 460 4gb for around $100 or less used they are running well for the price. They don’t have or need a 6 pin connector. Mine has the performance level of a R9 270 while using less than half the wattage. 75watts for a Geekbench Compute of 75-80k.

Sapphire, powercooler, work too but they may have 6 pin supply. Stay away from XFX rx 460-560 models.
Thanks for this. I also see some significant developments over the last couple of days, which look like improvements in compatibility.

Back