Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use Whatevergreen. No I used a Kext patch for that.

Ok now I disabled the ATI injection again and now it works.
And I just noticed that the quicklook UI has changed a bit,maybe that's why it isn't working in Mojave with the same settings.

But this is no solution for the people that need the injection...

Whatevergreen FAQ
https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Radeon.en.md

When should I use a named framebuffer?

Named framebuffers (Baladi, Futomaki, Lotus, etc.), enabled by "Clover GPU injection" or any other methods should never ever be used. This way of GPU injection is a common mistake, preventing automatic configuration of various important GPU parameters. This will inavoidably lead to borked GPU functioning in quite a number of cases.

What properties should I inject for my GPU?
Very few! You should inject an HDAU device to your GPU controller, hda-gfx properties with a corresponding number to the amount of audio codecs you have, and that is basically all. If you need to mask to an unsupported GPU, additionally add device-id. It is also recommended to add some cosmetic properties: AAPL,slot-name (displayed slot name in system details), @X,AAPL,boot-display (boot logo drawing issues), model (GPU display name, if detection failed).
While not pretending to be perfect, there is a SSDT sample to get the general idea.

I don't use Whatevergreen. No I used a Kext patch for that.

Ok now I disabled the ATI injection again and now it works.
And I just noticed that the quicklook UI has changed a bit,maybe that's why it isn't working in Mojave with the same settings.

But this is no solution for the people that need the injection...

I don't know which cards need injection with Mojave. As far as I know, the RX 560-580 and Vegas don't need it. In the Intel FB Patching thread, we were specifically warned not to use any config.plist injection with WhateverGreen.

• So far, it appears that those who are using system definitions of Macs that have IGPU should have IGPU enabled.
  • WhateverGreen does not seem to be a contributor to helping or inhibiting Quick Look.
  • If your CPU doesn't have IGPU or simply prefer having IGPU disabled, you should use a system definition of a Mac that does not have IGPU or use iMac14,2.

I use iMac16,2 and everything is working perfectly. IGPU is disabled. If I stray out of this id then only hdmi works and my dp ports won't.
No injections and no WhateverGreen

I use iMac16,2 and everything is working perfectly. IGPU is disabled. If I stray out of this id then only hdmi works and my dp ports won't.
No injections and no WhateverGreen

iMac16,2 seems an odd choice for your hardware. WhateverGreen should enable all ports on an RX 580.

So you're saying that everything works even QuickSync without injecting anything? But how do you deal with the framebuffer and the ig-platform-id when you don't inject anything?
BTW the correct platform id is: 0x3E920003

offtopic: Your profile says "i7-8700K @ 5.0GHz" is the 5GHz on all cores and without power management?

You know that there is a patch to disable the board check?

name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
find: BA050000 00
replace: BA000000 00
comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Edit:
I just tried it and everything works:
  • inject intel
  • ig-platform-id 3E920003
  • No WhateverGreen.
  • inject ati
  • RadeonDeInit
  • fb: Orinoco
  • GFX0 to IGPU rename.
  • PEGP to GFX0 rename.
  • iGPU Multimonitor enabled in BIOS
  • 128MB assigned to IGPU in BIOS
The strange thing is that my cpu fans are now like 50RPM faster.

I will try that patch when I come home.

can anyone help me.. I wanted to enable IGPU in bios on my Gigabyte board GA-Z77X-UD5H,
but could't find it anywhere.. maybe my board is too old.. or I just can't find it.

Well found the setting in bios and enabled it... result was that the boot went to the apple logo and then took ages
actually did not boot any further.
So not a solution for me.

Last edited:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gabytes-7-series-lga-1155-motherboards.63276/

Under Peripherals tab, See the following links;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gabytes-7-series-lga-1155-motherboards.63276/
On the peripherals settings screen you can also configure the display settings. In the case of the example above, a discrete graphics card was used, so PEG is what you want to select under Init Display First. If you’re using the integrated Intel graphics, then you want to select IGFX here. You don’t need to make any changes to the Internal Graphics Memory Size setting here, just leave it at the default of 64MB.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z77X-UD5H-rev-10#support-manual

You select the priority graphics option, which can be either integrated or discrete graphics, then set up the IGFX. From memory the priority option can be selected as the PCIex16 slot as priority with integrated graphics also being switched to being active.

can anyone help me.. I wanted to enable IGPU in bios on my Gigabyte board GA-Z77X-UD5H,
but could't find it anywhere.. maybe my board is too old.. or I just can't find it.

Find out which ig-platform-id your CPU need. This guide has a list.
Follow instructions here to add ig-platform-id to config.plist.

Well found the setting in bios and enabled it... result was that the boot went to the apple logo and then took ages
actually did not boot any further.
So not a solution for me.

something like that in the BIOS

180610131655.png

Ivy Bridge HD4000 IGPU, set the connector-less frame buffer ig-platform-id = 0x01620007
enable Inject Intel
disable Inject Nvidia
rename GFX0 -> IGPU
rename PEGP -> GFX0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back