Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Anybody have any ideas what this means? It spins for about a minute or so and then this pops up. I've managed to get it running again, but can't figure out what caused this problem. It happened after I tried these settings on a GA-Z77-DS3H.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 148
Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Highly unlikely, it's not that easy to kill a motherboard.
Unplug the power and the battery and leave it for a couple of hours.
Put the battery back in, switch on the PSU and plug the power back into the board and see if that doesn't make it work again. I've gotten boards to work like that in the past when they've been playing up.

tried with no luck :(

thanks anyway

Anybody have any ideas what this means? It spins for about a minute or so and then this pops up. I've managed to get it running again, but can't figure out what caused this problem. It happened after I tried these settings on a GA-Z77-DS3H.

Not seen that and I don't think it's related to the few settings you changed.

@thelostswede - Do you have sleep working using these UEFI settings with a Sandy Bridge processor? I have used these settings on a Z77X-UD5H, UEFI F8, i7-2600k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance. I have no cards installed and am using HD3000 (HDMI) for graphics. I used Unibeast 1.5.3 UserDSDT (no DSDT), Sys Utils, Audio enabler and patched HDA 898, maolj ethernet and SSDT i7. I have only mouse and keyboard connected to board - tried using USB2.0 and USB3.0. result is the same. Sleep is not functioning for me - is this expected behaviour at this point?

I am expecting delivery of a i7-3770k tomorrow so will test with that as well.

@thelostswede - Do you have sleep working using these UEFI settings with a Sandy Bridge processor? I have used these settings on a Z77X-UD5H, UEFI F8, i7-2600k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance. I have no cards installed and am using HD3000 (HDMI) for graphics. I used Unibeast 1.5.3 UserDSDT (no DSDT), Sys Utils, Audio enabler and patched HDA 898, maolj ethernet and SSDT i7. I have only mouse and keyboard connected to board - tried using USB2.0 and USB3.0. result is the same. Sleep is not functioning for me - is this expected behaviour at this point?

I am expecting delivery of a i7-3770k tomorrow so will test with that as well.

Yes, it works just fine on a Z68XP-D3 with UEFI installed and a 2500K.

Mixing SB and Z77 is an entirely different kettle of fish though and there seems to be some issues, as Apple never intended for this mix to be offered. I really can't say how well things will work here and as I understand, you're using modified drivers to get the graphics working properly, right? That alone could mess things up.

Yes, it works just fine on a Z68XP-D3 with UEFI installed and a 2500K.

Mixing SB and Z77 is an entirely different kettle of fish though and there seems to be some issues, as Apple never intended for this mix to be offered. I really can't say how well things will work here and as I understand, you're using modified drivers to get the graphics working properly, right? That alone could mess things up.

Hopefully my Ivy Bridge i7-3770k arrives to morrow so will change the i7-2600k for that and then should have better results.

I am not using modified drivers for the HD3000 I have left everything stock apart from what I mentioned earlier. Having said that I only wanted the HD3000 for testing and I only have 1024x768 resolution - I will eventually be fitting an HD6870 I already have.

I perhaps misunderstood - I thought you had installed a Sandy Bridge on a Z77X-UD5H hence my question about sleep? Anyway keep up the good work! :thumbup:

So I got the UEFI installed, however I am having a boot issue that is very troubling.

The main issue with that is that on reboot, the PC will start to boot (one beep, fans spin up) then it restarts (no beep, fans turn off and spin up again) then it restarts the final time (one beep, fans spin up and it works). This just happens after the new UEFI BIOS. I upgraded from F10.

If anyone has advice, please let me know. Thanks!

Great guide :D

This settings are the same for ga-z68 mb with uefi bios?

How about z77mx-d3h, is that the same settings too?

Hopefully my Ivy Bridge i7-3770k arrives to morrow so will change the i7-2600k for that and then should have better results.

I am not using modified drivers for the HD3000 I have left everything stock apart from what I mentioned earlier. Having said that I only wanted the HD3000 for testing and I only have 1024x768 resolution - I will eventually be fitting an HD6870 I already have.

I perhaps misunderstood - I thought you had installed a Sandy Bridge on a Z77X-UD5H hence my question about sleep? Anyway keep up the good work! :thumbup:

That was prior to getting an IB CPU, which was a few months ago and as I used a discrete graphics card, I never had any graphics related issues.

How about z77mx-d3h, is that the same settings too?

It should be, yes. Apparently the EHCI setting is dependant on board model, so you can try with it on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back