Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it advisable to update the BIOS to the latest version before installing Mountain Lion? How would one find out the different MultiBeast settings that I'd have to use for the z77x-ud5h or is that just trial and error?

I'm using BIOS F8. Are you using USB devices with your USB 3 Ports. I used to have such problem when my dell 2412 USB cable plugged into one USB 3.0 port to use the monitor as an usb hub. After moving to an USB 2.0 port the problem is completely gone.

Right, well, it must be something specific to that Dell display, as I tried and it didn't make any difference at all for me to have something plugged into a USB 3.0 port or not.

Is it advisable to update the BIOS to the latest version before installing Mountain Lion? How would one find out the different MultiBeast settings that I'd have to use for the z77x-ud5h or is that just trial and error?

For hacks, it seems like the latest BIOS is always advisable.
As for the settings, well, there are quite a few guides for that board in the forums, so try searching.

Tested with the Z68-UD4-B3 on an Ivy i5-3570K. Running on Auto CPU features and EIST DISABLED to get the correct frequency. I am sitting at 4.23GHZ (liquid cooling) without a kernel panic. Right now with the beta version U1a, and Geekbench 64-bit I'm only getting 12789 for a score.

There will be a separate guide for overclocking? I'd like to see that!

I think it's important to mention, that all this (HD 4000, etc.) only works OOB if you use Chimera 1.11.0. Version 1.10.xx included in MultiBeast just won't do it (at least for me). If had known this in the beginning it would have saved me a few hours. So I hope this helps someone.

No Boot Option for USB

You were helpful in that I changed settings per your recommendations, but there are a few differences. My primary problem is no boot option for USB.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z77 DS3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.5 GHz (3.9 GHz Turbo) LGA 1177 77W Quad Core Desktop
Video Card: EVGA 01G P3 1556-KR Geoforce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192 bit GDDR5 PCI Express

Attachments

• 100_0726c.jpg
    100_0726c.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 1,464
  • 100_0717c.jpg
    100_0717c.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 1,503
GA H77M-D3H intel i5 3450 ivy bridge . steps ---For sleep/wake working step 1. F7 default settings 2. change sata to ahci 3.cpu 33x multipler 5.memory 1600 mhz 6. power up on any key 7. HPET enable . all remaining settings its unnecessary to be changed .I Turbo boost if you want enable .If you have PCIe graphics card , disable internal graphics . And finaly you have hacintosh sleep wake in the second. Geekbench with 4 GB kinston ddr 3 its 9600 .

Thanks thelostwede

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back