Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Boot Option for USB

I made those changes, but I still have no Boot Option to boot from USB.

what about 2 os windows 7 can i run that on RAID?

If you run parallels, you will need to enable Intel Virtualization Technology.

I'm still having a problem where if I set my memory to Profile 1 it shows as the appropriate 1600MHz speed in OS X (with the profile disabled it appears as 1333MHz) but I lose USB when waking from sleep. The keyboard needs to be removed and plugged back in to work, and my external disk gets improperly ejected (although it does re-mount).

I'm on a GA-Z77-DS3H.

what about 2 os windows 7 can i run that on RAID?

Well, you could if you've got a board with extra Marvell ports and put the RAID on the Marvell chip, but not if you want to run it off the Intel controller, as you have to run the entire controller in RAID mode, as it's not possible to do it for just a couple of ports.

Is it better to have a customac with UEFI? what is the advantage?

i tried doing this to my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, was i not supposed to do that? i got into the 3d bios, clicked F1, then F7 and confirmed to reset at which stage the machine switched off, then it went into a cycle of trying to start up, fan starts, but then it shuts off again, this went on for about 30-40 secs and i hit reset on the front of the machine, i could then get back into the bios again, to Peripherals, confirmed xHCI mode is set to Auto, then confirmed xHCI was enabled and EHCI Hand-off wasn't enabled, so i enabled it. then the machine went off again and back into the cycle but never actually able to start up.

i tried jumping the cmos reset pins, removing the board battery, disconnecting everything and trying to get any sort of different response but it always does the same thing. can anyone with more experience shed some light on what the problem could be (apart from me being a hacky noob)?

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155

i tried doing this to my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, was i not supposed to do that? i got into the 3d bios, clicked F1, then F7 and confirmed to reset at which stage the machine switched off, then it went into a cycle of trying to start up, fan starts, but then it shuts off again, this went on for about 30-40 secs and i hit reset on the front of the machine, i could then get back into the bios again, to Peripherals, confirmed xHCI mode is set to Auto, then confirmed xHCI was enabled and EHCI Hand-off wasn't enabled, so i enabled it. then the machine went off again and back into the cycle but never actually able to start up.

i tried jumping the cmos reset pins, removing the board battery, disconnecting everything and trying to get any sort of different response but it always does the same thing. can anyone with more experience shed some light on what the problem could be (apart from me being a hacky noob)?

Hmmm... that's really odd, that's not normal behaviour and the system shouldn't have reset when you hit F7.
Try moving the BIOS switch to the secondary BIOS chip. Also, make sure you update your board to the latest UEFI version, as it seems like you might be running an older version of the UEFI.

Hmmm... that's really odd, that's not normal behaviour and the system shouldn't have reset when you hit F7.
Try moving the BIOS switch to the secondary BIOS chip. Also, make sure you update your board to the latest UEFI version, as it seems like you might be running an older version of the UEFI.

I tried the other bios too, still no luck. Can't get the board to respond at all so I'm thinking it's dead :(

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155

I tried the other bios too, still no luck. Can't get the board to respond at all so I'm thinking it's dead :(

Highly unlikely, it's not that easy to kill a motherboard.
Unplug the power and the battery and leave it for a couple of hours.
Put the battery back in, switch on the PSU and plug the power back into the board and see if that doesn't make it work again. I've gotten boards to work like that in the past when they've been playing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back