Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up your model SSD and it should be much quicker.` When I get home tomorrow I'll test out the iMac Pro 1,1 and see if I get the same issue. I have SATA and M.2 SSD's and they are running at full speed. BTW, if you look at my USB post, you'll see that I posted the same ports as you + the ones you aren't using (like the front USB C port or the other front 3.0 port) link here. What are your BIOS settings for the SATA and RST in the Peripherals menu? Link to example

Also, you definitely need to enable TRIM support.
Open up a terminal window and enter
Code:
sudo trimforce enable
So trim doesn't causes slow boot time?
3rd party SSD, ahci, apfs...

Found out my issue is with trim and I'll just have to deal with it, lol.

I found this entry after a long timeout. Had to catch it via video.
spaceman_trim_free_blocks:3245: scan took 10.743583s, trims took 10.082036s.
What is the right way to go then?

There is no rigt way. Trim on M.2 drives will be enabled by default and trimforce will take some of your bootup time to do its thing. The only fix is to install onto a HFS volume and then clone it to a APFS volume.

There is no rigt way. Trim on M.2 drives will be enabled by default and trimforce will take some of your bootup time to do its thing. The only fix is to install onto a HFS volume and then clone it to a APFS volume.
But I read it was more severe for ahci SSD (sATA) than for NVMe drives... Is that true?
What are the drawbacks if I leave trim disabled on my sATA SSDs hackintosh?

But I read it was more severe for ahci SSD (sATA) than for NVMe drives... Is that true?
What are the drawbacks if I leave trim disabled on my sATA SSDs hackintosh?
Just make sure it's a drive that does its own trash collection. Honestly, I would leave trim enabled. An extra 20 or so seconds added to the boot time is nothing in the grand scheme as most of us leave our systems up anyway.
I can confirm that the delay is the same for SATA and NVME on my system.

@psedog thank you so much for this post.

My DP audio isn't working and on HDMI audio is working But the audio is getting delay.

Anyone can help it will be appreciated.

Last edited:
do you think Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro without WIFI will work?
and is it ATX or Mini ATX for your z390 Aorus Pro Wifi?

do you think Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro without WIFI will work?
and is it ATX or Mini ATX for your z390 Aorus Pro Wifi?
The Z390 without Wifi will be the same. The only difference is you won't have to have the "uia_exclude=HS14" in your boot arguments as that is the USB controller for the Wifi board.
@psedog thank you so much for this post.

My DP audio isn't working and on HDMI audio is working But the audio is getting delay.

Anyone can help it will be appreciated.
I don't have any Display Port devices, so I can't test to see. In Clover Configurator --> Devices. Do you have audio --> Inject set to 7? Also, make sure you are on the latest motherboard BIOS.

The Z390 without Wifi will be the same. The only difference is you won't have to have the "uia_exclude=HS14" in your boot arguments as that is the USB controller for the Wifi board.

I don't have any Display Port devices, so I can't test to see. In Clover Configurator --> Devices. Do you have audio --> Inject set to 7? Also, make sure you are on the latest motherboard BIOS.

Thanks @psedog for reply.

I updated mb bios to f9a weeks ago and also have set inject to 7 for audio .. also audio from HDMI port to my ViewSonic monitor vx2770smh led speaker is low.
Is their any options to get all USB port on the mb working properly.

Thanks

All USB 2 and 3 ports are enabled now!

Alright, thanks to @chanster asking me about options to getting all the USB ports working. I decided to do some more digging. I found this thread and applied Patch 1 and 2 to my config.plist. I removed my SSDT file and viola. All 25 ports are now enabled. Again HS14 is disabled during boot to disable the onboard wifi/bluetooth, so it doesn't show up.

All 3 of my config files as well as the whole folder is updated in the first post.

Thank you @ydeng

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 12.09.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 12.09.35 AM.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back