Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still getting the same result of "An error occurred while loading the installer resources.
Disconnect all other drives while you install the OS.

... So I downloaded PSEDog's clover and use the igpu plist. Boot's like a charm, install process goes great. It reboots twice, then when the screen actually loads, that's when it tells me mac OS could not be installed.
Compare your bios to what I posted in #41. See if that will help. Change the Video cache "DVMT Pre-Allocated" to 64M not the 96M that is in my screenshot.

Compare your bios to what I posted in #41. See if that will help. Change the Video cache "DVMT Pre-Allocated" to 64M not the 96M that is in my screenshot.

So I did this, and I went and bought a ssd drive. I read somewhere that there is a possibility of the hard drive causing the issue. So after I installed the SSD and changed just a few minor bios settings to match yours, it still gave me "An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."....

So I did this, and I went and bought a ssd drive. I read somewhere that there is a possibility of the hard drive causing the issue. So after I installed the SSD and changed just a few minor bios settings to match yours, it still gave me "An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."....
Hmm, I had to go out and buy a double layer DVD to do my initial install. Turns out I didn't even need to do that because my SSD that I pulled out of my Retina Macbook Pro worked without a problem, lol. I still use my M.2 SSD though that I installed from the DVD.

Background
In 2006 the Mac bug hit me when I bought a Mac Mini Solo for $350 and installed it in my car (immediately replaced the processor with a core duo, lol). In 2007, I decided to Hackintosh my Dell laptop to Jailbreak and unlock the original 8GB iPhone. Getting deployed I decided to buy a MacBook for my wife (long distance troubleshooting with my wife is not the business ). The rest is history. My 2012 MacBook Pro Retina is getting dated and it's time for me to part ways with it. I still have a 2012 Macbook Pro for her and a 2015 MacBook Air for me. The house needs something more powerful. Apple has raised their prices beyond what I feel is reasonable. Fast forward to Black Friday. Sales at Newegg and Amazon told me to bite the bullet.

Thank you so much for your posts, they are really helping me. I have a i7-8700K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi MB, Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse, G.Skill 32GB DDR4 2400, 3 each Samsung NMVe M.2 drives, Seasonic Platinum 850PX, Fractual Design Focus G case, and a Fenvi FV-T919 PCIe card, that I will be building in two weeks. Hopefully I will have a Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge card also.

I rally appreciate you including the work you did, especially the SSDT you provided.

Iam trying to get all my usb's to work put I'm getting stuck everything else beside wifi and bluetooth work but non of the usb 3.0 ports work. I'm running the exact same system as you just a rx480 instead of a the vega card. I just copied your whole clover folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Iam trying to get all my usb's to work put I'm getting stuck everything else beside wifi and bluetooth work but non of the usb 3.0 ports work.
My setup has the rear 3.0 ports as 3.0 only ports (no 2.0 functionality on those ports). They won't work on 2.0 because I use all the front ports. Apple limits USB to 15. Each 3.0 port counts as 3 of those devices. The front USB-C actually counts as 4!

My second post lays it out. If you don't need the front ports then modify the SSDT file
Remove: HS01, HS09, HS10, SS01, SS02, SS09, SS10.
Add: HS03, HS04, HS05, HS06, HS07, HS08.

Background
In 2006 the Mac bug hit me when I bought a Mac Mini Solo for $350 and installed it in my car (immediately replaced the processor with a core duo, lol). In 2007, I decided to Hackintosh my Dell laptop to Jailbreak and unlock the original 8GB iPhone. Getting deployed I decided to buy a MacBook for my wife (long distance troubleshooting with my wife is not the business ). The rest is history. My 2012 MacBook Pro Retina is getting dated and it's time for me to part ways with it. I still have a 2012 Macbook Pro for her and a 2015 MacBook Air for me. The house needs something more powerful. Apple has raised their prices beyond what I feel is reasonable. Fast forward to Black Friday. Sales at Newegg and Amazon told me to bite the bullet.

System
Intel i7-8700K Processor
240mm Rosewill Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard
16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz G.Skill Ripjaw V RAM
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Video Card
512GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD
M.2 1TB Samsung 950 EVO SATA SSD (in a SATA case)
BCM94360CSAX on a PCI 1x riser card Mac compatible WiFi.
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S243D DVD Drive (Yes, an old school DVD burner )
EVGA SuperNova 750w Power Supply
Case: Fractal Design R6 White with USB-C faceplate replacement.
Display: Dell S2415H
Peripherals: Magic Keyboard, Magic Trackpad (Original), Elecom EX-G Mouse, Elecom RF wireless keyboard.

Note: I failed many times to get everything installed the way I wanted. Which was to dual boot off of the NVMe drive.

I'm not using more storage as Media files and Time Machine Backups are handled by my Synology Diskstation. I have a second backup hard drive that I keep in a Fire/Water resistant Safe for the most important stuff.

Installation/Config
For installing OSX I followed this guide Link

To dual boot off of one drive, I first had to format my NVMe with a GUID partition table. Partitioned it into 2 drives. After you install OSX, then you'll have to boot into eUFI for your Windows 10 install disk. It is the only way that you'll be able to install Windows on the same drive as OSX. Took me a week to figure this out, doh.

For VegaTab_64.kext I used different settings. Blouse's settings were a bit loud for my taste.
Update: VegaTab removed and added to the Clover Config file.

Idle Speed =1572
Target Speed = 2400
Minimum Speed =1000
Maximum Speed = 5000
Fan Sensitivity = 4836
Target Temp = 60c
Power Adjust = 50%

After Install

I had to disable the internal Bluetooth as OSX refused to load the Qualcomm card. Once the Bluetooth was working and I linked my Keyboard and Touchpad in OSX, they work in Bios as well as Windows without having to add them again.

To disable the built in Wifi/Bluetooth card add the following Custom Flag under Boot in Clover.
uia_exclude=HS14

Audio kext from thread link
AppleALC 1.3.4 link

*Update: Now that I've mapped all the USB ports I don't need this anymore.
For my board HS11 is the Broadcom and HS14 is the Intel card.

What isn't working.
CPU, GPU, and Case temps. The only thing that shows up is the Hard Drive temps. I had it working before I wiped the 970 trying to install Windows 10 :(
Update: All temps are working except the GPU. Not sure how to proceed, but the system is rock solid.

Everything appears to work properly, including Sleep, Shutdown, Bluetooth, Airdrop (OSX and iOS), Airplay, Time Machine, iTunes DRM, Virtuabox, etc.
Restart works.
Sleep works.
Shutdown just restarts works.
Airdrop tested working to iPhones and MacBooks.

SSDT- Done attached in this post. Explanation in post #2.

Edit:
Clover Config files added.
-Config Headless.plist (for Vega64 and Intel graphics acceleration).
-config iGpu.plist (for onboard only graphics)
SSDT file added. (to configure USB ports)
My complete Clover folder is in post #10. link. Update. My current folder is now in this post.

View attachment 373660

View attachment 374170
View attachment 373658

Since the MB has a M.2 Socket 1, type 2230 for wireless, what is the best replacement for Bluetooth and WiFi for this socket? I have the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi also and was wondering if this is best route to take. I currently have a Fenvi FV-T919 and only the WiFi works. Tried it in every available slot and no bluetooth. I also used boot augment to turn off the Intel unit. thanks

Since the MB has a M.2 Socket 1, type 2230 for wireless, what is the best replacement for Bluetooth and WiFi for this socket? I have the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi also and was wondering if this is best route to take. I currently have a Fenvi FV-T919 and only the WiFi works. Tried it in every available slot and no bluetooth. I also used boot augment to turn off the Intel unit. thanks
I'm using a card a pulled out of my Macbook pro. You can get one for aobut $10 on ebay and then buy a PCIe riser card. The bluetooth will connect to one of your USB 2.0 headers on the mobo and the Wifi will go through PCIe.

Ebay search shows the card and the riser card
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...CM94360CSAX+.TRS0&_nkw=BCM94360CSAX+&_sacat=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back