Motherboard
Auros Pro
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
I using native wife/bluetooth card, it connects to pci and usb slot on motherboard and works perfectly fine, everything, including handoff, hotspot etc works, but when i try to put computer to sleep it wakes up instantly. When i disconnect the usb part(bluetooth) of my wife/bluetooth card - sleep is working as intended. I think it has to do with usb hub it connected to (HS11). Anybody has a clue how to fix it?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
One question, how do I enable the Bluetooth on this config?
Do I need to change the port mappings and exchange something for HS10?
I see in your post that Bluetooth is working and you disabled in the Boot on Clover then were able to connect but I'm not sure I'm following it. Aplogies
Here is a map I did a while back for someone asking me the same question as you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I using native wife/bluetooth card, it connects to pci and usb slot on motherboard and works perfectly fine, everything, including handoff, hotspot etc works, but when i try to put computer to sleep it wakes up instantly. When i disconnect the usb part(bluetooth) of my wife/bluetooth card - sleep is working as intended. I think it has to do with usb hub it connected to (HS11). Anybody has a clue how to fix it?
Go into System Preferences -> Every Saver -> uncheck "Wake for network access". This sorted me out, although I am using a different EFI altogether now so unsure if this is the issue for you.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz w/ HD4000
Graphics
HD4000 Integrated Graphics on CPU
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks so much for all the resources you have shared, Psedog, but I have still been having trouble the past few weeks getting Mojave 10.14.6 to boot and work well with:

MB: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI (BIOS vF11)
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2

( Here is a post I made with all my hardware: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-hardware-choices-please.301292/#post-2153001 )

I was thinking I should get things working correctly with the above minimal hardware and internal graphics (with no discrete GPU) and then later add my GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB, although I am not sure that is the right way to go…

I tried using Psedog’s “CLOVER EFI 30Mar20.zip”, but it gave me a black screen / no HDMI input (from the MB HDMI) after getting to the apple logo and progress bar (after having already completed installation, and then switching out the CLOVER folder on my SSD’s EFI).

Is this because I did not have the RX 580 installed?

Would the BIOS version matter for using the above mentioned Psedog CLOVER folder? (My BIOS is F11 and I think the original guide was for a different version)

——————
I have been studying this thread and blouse’s in the Mojave forum trying to get things working. I was eventually able to get something to boot from the internal SSD by using something very similar to the iGPU config.plist Psedog posted in this thread. I forget which guide I used for the rest of the CLOVER drivers and kexts and stuff, but I am doubting if it is the best minimal solution.. Also not everything is working(…I was trying lots of stuff and staying up very late trying to get something to work and I forget what I was up to LOL).

Right now certain things are not working:
- MB internal bluetooth
- USB mapping is weird and some seem to not be working (I think I may just need to remap the ports myself for my liking)
- Airdrop
- Netflix on Safari doesn’t work (DRM problem?)
- Shutdown instead restarts

Also, I will attach my current EFI folder and link to pics and a description of my BIOS (F11) settings.

I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at my current settings, (BIOS, CLOVER, drivers, kexts, etc..), and point me in the right direction to getting things set up the best with Mojave 10.14.6 and my hardware.

School has just started and I need a working machine ASAP so I would really appreciate any help or recommendations.

Tonight I am might look into using GenSMBIOS and how to use Hackintool to remap the USB ports how I want. Wish me luck. :)

IMGUR pixs of BIOS settings: The only differences from what is described in this thread's guide are these:

BIOS Version F11
  • BIOS:
    • Windows 8/10 Features - Other OS
  • Peripherals:
    • Initial Display Output - IGFX
  • Chipset:
    • VT-d - Disabled
    • DVMT Total Gfx Mem - 256M

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 7
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
go to the following link.

OpenCore z390 I Aorus Pro WIFI?

Thanks so much for all the resources you have shared, Psedog, but I have still been having trouble the past few weeks getting Mojave 10.14.6 to boot and work well with:

( Here is a post I made with all my hardware: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-hardware-choices-please.301292/#post-2153001 )

I was thinking I should get things working correctly with the above minimal hardware and internal graphics (with no discrete GPU) and then later add my GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB, although I am not sure that is the right way to go…

I tried using Psedog’s “CLOVER EFI 30Mar20.zip”, but it gave me a black screen / no HDMI input (from the MB HDMI) after getting to the apple logo and progress bar (after having already completed installation, and then switching out the CLOVER folder on my SSD’s EFI).

Would the BIOS version matter for using the above mentioned Psedog CLOVER folder? (My BIOS is F11 and I think the original guide was for a different version)

——————
I have been studying this thread and blouse’s in the Mojave forum trying to get things working. I was eventually able to get something to boot from the internal SSD by using something very similar to the iGPU config.plist Psedog posted in this thread. I forget which guide I used for the rest of the CLOVER drivers and kexts and stuff, but I am doubting if it is the best minimal solution.. Also not everything is working(…I was trying lots of stuff and staying up very late trying to get something to work and I forget what I was up to LOL).

- MB internal bluetooth
- USB mapping is weird and some seem to not be working (I think I may just need to remap the ports myself for my liking)
- Airdrop

Also, I will attach my current EFI folder and link to pics and a description of my BIOS (F11) settings.

I would be very grateful if someone could take a look at my current settings, (BIOS, CLOVER, drivers, kexts, etc..), and point me in the right direction to getting things set up the best with Mojave 10.14.6 and my hardware.

School has just started and I need a working machine ASAP so I would really appreciate any help or recommendations.

Tonight I am might look into using GenSMBIOS and how to use Hackintool to remap the USB ports how I want. Wish me luck. :)

IMGUR pixs of BIOS settings: The only differences from what is described in this thread's guide are these:

BIOS Version F11
  • BIOS:
  • Peripherals:
  • Chipset:
    • VT-d - Disabled

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

——————

- MB internal bluetooth
- Airdrop

BIOS Version F11
  • BIOS:
  • Peripherals:
  • Chipset:
    • VT-d - Disabled

Install your RX580. Intel's iGpu should really only be used for troubleshooting if your Discreet GPU is having issues. If you wanted your computer to be slow you wouldn't have built a hackintosh ;)
Also, boot with OpenCore. I stopped supporting Clover as I feel it's the past.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz w/ HD4000
Graphics
HD4000 Integrated Graphics on CPU
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Install your RX580. Intel's iGpu should really only be used for troubleshooting if your Discreet GPU is having issues. If you wanted your computer to be slow you wouldn't have built a hackintosh ;)
Also, boot with OpenCore. I stopped supporting Clover as I feel it's the past.

Thanks!
It seems to be booting fine now :-D

But, I am having trouble getting iCloud / Messages stuff to work. I tried to follow this guide but when I try to do this I get an error message

Code:
Solvoids-iMac:~ my_name$ sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Messages
rm: /Users/my_name/Library/Messages: Operation not permitted

Any pointers? How did you get iServices working?

It also says "Remove all devices from your AppleID". Do they mean all? or only the failed attempts? I have genuine MBP and iPhone that I want to avoid having to add back if I can.
Thoughts?

I am on Mojave BTW

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thanks!
It seems to be booting fine now :-D

But, I am having trouble getting iCloud / Messages stuff to work. I tried to follow this guide but when I try to do this I get an error message

Code:
Solvoids-iMac:~ my_name$ sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Messages
rm: /Users/my_name/Library/Messages: Operation not permitted

Any pointers? How did you get iServices working?

It also says "Remove all devices from your AppleID". Do they mean all? or only the failed attempts? I have genuine MBP and iPhone that I want to avoid having to add back if I can.
Thoughts?

I am on Mojave BTW
If you are using the opencore from my other thread, then you'll have to update ROM.
"OPENCORE: You must add your mac address as the ROM in order to get your Messages working."

If you are using Clover, make sure your onboard network card isn't disabled in bios.