Contribute
Register

Psedog's Mod Pro. i7-8700K, Vega64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Front for my headphones (Headphone port, becomes internal speakers when not plugged in) and Optical for my sound bar. I just tried the rear outputs and you are 100% correct. I was able to get those two analog outputs to work, though. The top Line Out is the C/SUB out. The bottom one is the REAR OUT. Regular LINE OUT on the motherboard doesn't seem to be mapped.

After saying all that, I unplugged the headphones and now the rear LINE OUT is the internal speakers :lol:

If that's not working for you, make sure you are injecting 7 for audio under devices in Clover Configurator. Also, do you have whatevergreen in your kexts as well?

Edit:
Also, if you want a system wide eq, the only option that I've found for mac is called eqmac.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.26.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.26.36 PM.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.28.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.28.17 PM.png
    124 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Also, to take a screen shot the key combination is Command + Shift + 4 (to cut out a specific area) or Command + Shift + 5 to grab a specific window/area. That was with a mac keyboard. If you are using a Windows keyboard replace Command with the Windows key (I have both keyboards connected, lol).

Hi @psedog,

Haha...thanks for the instruction and screen capture lesson :lol:
I just happened to know that the "internal speaker" will turn to "headphone" when Front is plugged in.

I plugged the Front (headphone) and still no sound too. I will run Clover Configuration for a try and report it. And I have whatevergreen in kext.

Did you ever run into an issue where it crashes with two minutes left on install?

I used your IGPU plist. It took the right combo of kext and .efi's to finally be able to get mojave to boot for install. I know it's suppose to reboot but it doesn't. I tried to boot the hard drive mojave was installed on, and it boots but then tells me mojave was not fully installed.

Did you ever run into an issue where it crashes with two minutes left on install?

I used your IGPU plist. It took the right combo of kext and .efi's to finally be able to get mojave to boot for install. I know it's suppose to reboot but it doesn't. I tried to boot the hard drive mojave was installed on, and it boots but then tells me mojave was not fully installed.
Did you set up your bios through Blouse's instructions? Link

I would double check that first. Don't deviate or overclock for your initial install.
After the first restart it'll give you different options in clover for install. I don't remember which one worked for me but I do remember selecting, it failing, then selecting something else.

Wow.
I've Inject 7 in Devices for Clover Configurator.
Any hint ?

View attachment 387856
First, did you mount your EFI partition and modify your config.plist? Second, if that isn't the issue head over to the AppleHDA thread. I'm pretty sure that is the one I originally went to.

It's really odd that all the outputs show up, but no audio. Maybe our motherboards are a little different.

Edit,
Grab IORegistryExplorer and search for AppleHDADriver. You should see IOAudioDeviceModelID:#. That number will be what you need to set as your inject. I just injected 5 into mine. It doesn't work right (2 outputs work and it's overdriven). That being said, it still shows 7 in IORegistryExplorer. Once you set that correctly, don't mess with that anymore. If it still isn't working then we need to look at other possibilities.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.33.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.33.58 AM.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
First, did you mount your EFI partition and modify your config.plist? Second, if that isn't the issue head over to the AppleHDA thread. I'm pretty sure that is the one I originally went to.

Thanks for the info.

After checking again, I found the front audio jack is OK for headphone, just the small volume hard to push the speaker.:mrgreen:

I will use IORegistryExplorer to see if I can have the rear Line-out back to work.

(Monday morning here, go to move to office now:))

Yeah I copied everything he did. I actually tried his install before I found yours.

I watched a couple videos of installs and the "crash" really isn't a crash. Everybody's seemed to reboot 2 times right around the 2 minute mark. When I select the mojave hard drive it will load for a bit, then it looks like its going to finish setup but shows a message saying "An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I think I'm going to remake a bootable usb and try again and see what happens.

So after doing a lot of experimenting, I'm still getting the same result of "An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.".

I redownloaded the mojave install. Then I looked at my bios and the version was f5. They now have a F9 update out, so I updated it. Then I tried a bunch of different of combinations of kext and efi's to try and get it to boot and nothing. So I downloaded PSEDog's clover and use the igpu plist. Boot's like a charm, install process goes great. It reboots twice, then when the screen actually loads, that's when it tells me mac OS could not be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back