Contribute
Register

problems, workarounds and more on Lenovo Legion y530 for 10.13 and 10.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just finished installing Mojave 10.14.3 on my Lenovo y530 :
Specs : Intel i5 8300H, 1TB HDD, GTX 1050TI, INTEL UHD 630.

I have 2 problems, beside the 2 problems everything is working fine many thanks @xiaoM4095 , @rcc622 and you 2.

My touch pad driver is the SYNA2846, touchpad is working fine but the clickable buttons and mouse dragging don't work.
Did you manage to fix this by replacing or updating the VoodooI2C like @xiaoM4095 said, cause the
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
are not officially released versions.

My second problem is the alc fix can you please provide me the installation steps. I'm new to this, sorry.
I downloaded the files from GitHub, installed the alc fix command got the headphone jack working but after I reboot the headphone jack stopped working.

1. I don't know about that ALC fix, as I never used Headphone jack.

2. Touchpad. I have same model as you. I tried compiling (building / recreating) again from the VoodooI2C - github by using Xcode for 2-3 times myself.
Results : The problem remains the same :(
As of now, there is no solution to this.

Hi, I just finished installing Mojave 10.14.3 on my Lenovo y530 :
Specs : Intel i5 8300H, 1TB HDD, GTX 1050TI, INTEL UHD 630.

I have 2 problems, beside the 2 problems everything is working fine many thanks @xiaoM4095 , @rcc622 and you 2.

My touch pad driver is the SYNA2846, touchpad is working fine but the clickable buttons and mouse dragging don't work.
Did you manage to fix this by replacing or updating the VoodooI2C like @xiaoM4095 said, cause the
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
are not officially released versions.

My second problem is the alc fix can you please provide me the installation steps. I'm new to this, sorry.
I downloaded the files from GitHub, installed the alc fix command got the headphone jack working but after I reboot the headphone jack stopped working.
i dont have any problem with headphones, you should sahre your Problem Reporting file to see whats going on

Last edited:
You can try installing CodecCommander_Release_v2.7.1.kext to L/E, which may be valid.

Thanks for your reply, I''ll check on this, and get back to you.

have you fixed the touchpad mate?

have you fixed the touchpad mate?
Wich model do you have? just working drag and drop, select and two finger gestures on ELAN, a few models on SYNA are working very well

[/QUOTE]
Have you fixed the touchpad mate?
Wich model do you have? just working drag and drop, select and two finger gestures on ELAN, a few models on SYNA are working very well

Attachments

• Screenshot_Chrome_20190809-075005.png
    Screenshot_Chrome_20190809-075005.png
    572.9 KB · Views: 156
H
@xiaoM4095 I put all 8 kexts in Clover/Kexts.
The touchpad is working, but like before only.

Example, physical buttons are not working, click and drag not working, VERY MUCH LAGGING...
Have you managd to fix?

Right button don’t work. Mb need set settings in MacOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back