Contribute
Register

problems, workarounds and more on Lenovo Legion y530 for 10.13 and 10.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working for me. I used 8JCN44WW bios version.

To do this, follow below steps:

1. While starting laptop, open BIOS setup menu, (by pressing F2). You will see the setup utility
2. Now, while on this screen, press "Fn+O" key once, then press "F10" key, save and restart.
3. When restarting, keep pressing "F2" key to again go to BIOS Setup
4. And now you have advanced settings !!!

hii everyone i just want to present you a new member on this community @legionary530
Hi everyone, I decided to take a y530 and participate in this adventure, I already have experience in programming and in hackintosh, I hope to help you, and I thank you for everything you have done so far !!!
PS:
my English is terrible, but I'll do my best to make myself understood
so, @legionary530
1) currently we are trying to improve stability on synaptic touchpad. Elan touchpad is not supported yet due obsolete drivers.
2) disable iGPU to use only DGPU using BIOS advance options. @RaviKavaiya has tried but blakscreen appear after change, we think is due DGPU isn't able to directly run the laptop primary display. We have not tried external display

hii everyone i just want to present you a new member on this community @legionary530

so, @legionary530
1) currently we are trying to improve stability on synaptic touchpad. Elan touchpad is not supported yet due obsolete drivers.
2) disable iGPU to use only DGPU using BIOS advance options. @RaviKavaiya has tried but blakscreen appear after change, we think is due DGPU isn't able to directly run the laptop primary display. We have not tried external display
I tried to disable iGPU in advanced settings but no signal was detected in my external display :(. A black screen appeared and i had to reset my bios settings

Hi everyone, I have a question, I search WIFI card for this laptop and I saw it have 2 model of BCM94352z chip:

so, what right model for Legion Y530?

So, i will do that.
Once I get Xcode, I will try and tell you.

One more thing: if I remove Appleps2smarttouchpad.kext, my laptop keyboard is not working, but touchpad works
Hi, I just finished installing Mojave 10.14.3 on my Lenovo y530 :
Specs : Intel i5 8300H, 1TB HDD, GTX 1050TI, INTEL UHD 630.

I have 2 problems, beside the 2 problems everything is working fine many thanks @xiaoM4095 , @rcc622 and you 2.

My touch pad driver is the SYNA2846, touchpad is working fine but the clickable buttons and mouse dragging don't work.
Did you manage to fix this by replacing or updating the VoodooI2C like @xiaoM4095 said, cause the
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
are not officially released versions.

My second problem is the alc fix can you please provide me the installation steps. I'm new to this, sorry.
I downloaded the files from GitHub, installed the alc fix command got the headphone jack working but after I reboot the headphone jack stopped working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back