Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z590E
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I can boot into the installer of macOS but after the first reboot and then I choose the option of the drive I installed it to and it then continues the install process with the black screen and apple logo and timer countdown but then it just randomly reboots and that's that.. Was hoping someone could help me out by looking at my system specs and my EFI that I have attached! Thanks in Advance!!!!!

System Specs:
Asus Prime Z490-A
Corsair 16gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 970 (disabled in boot-args with -wegnoegpu) That being said I'm using built in video card which is supposed to work with this mobo
Trying to install on a Samsung EVO 250GB SSD
There is an NVRAM SSD Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface
CPU Intel Core i5-10600K

Im desperate someone can help me solve this solution cause Ive read success stories about this same mono across these forums so I gotta be doing something wrong!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 69
So I can boot into the installer of macOS but after the first reboot and then I choose the option of the drive I installed it to and it then continues the install process with the black screen and apple logo and timer countdown but then it just randomly reboots and that's that.. Was hoping someone could help me out by looking at my system specs and my EFI that I have attached! Thanks in Advance!!!!!

System Specs:
Asus Prime Z490-A
Corsair 16gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 970 (disabled in boot-args with -wegnoegpu) That being said I'm using built in video card which is supposed to work with this mobo
Trying to install on a Samsung EVO 250GB SSD
There is an NVRAM SSD Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface
CPU Intel Core i5-10600K

Im desperate someone can help me solve this solution cause Ive read success stories about this same mono across these forums so I gotta be doing something wrong!
Hi there,

You can try this EFI I've built. It is designed for Asus Z490 Prime-A boards. It should work with up to Big Sur.
To use just add your serials, ROM value (from your Ethernet LAN MAC address) and UUIDs.

Attachments

• EFI for Big Sur 11.4 OC 0.6.8 Z490 Prime-A RHUB.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 78
I Gave that EFI a try but it looks like its halting due to an NVME SSD Drive Installed... Prior EFIs I tried I never had that problem.... What do I need to do to fix this part?

Hi there,

You can try this EFI I've built. It is designed for Asus Z490 Prime-A boards. It should work with up to Big Sur.
To use just add your serials, ROM value (from your Ethernet LAN MAC address) and UUIDs.
This is my main problem I run into using your efi I’ve been able to reach the installation screen with other efis but this one won’t boot. Please see attached screenshot and please tell me you can help I’m desperate!!

Attachments

• A9935956-F319-464C-8CCB-7D7E6BD33670.jpeg
    A9935956-F319-464C-8CCB-7D7E6BD33670.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 41
I Gave that EFI a try but it looks like its halting due to an NVME SSD Drive Installed... Prior EFIs I tried I never had that problem.... What do I need to do to fix this part?
See if you have added NVMEFix.kext into the Kernel > Kexts list. That may help.

See if you have added NVMEFix.kext into the Kernel > Kexts list. That may help.
Yup its definitly added and enabled in EFI config.plist and after doing some reading im not sure its even related to the NVME i have installed some place seem to say its a USB problem.... Ive tried another PREMADE EFI for the same mobo on these forums and on that EFI i get stuck at afps authetication error 22 and it freezes there so im not sure if im gonna be able to get mac os big sur 11.4 installed on this mobo after all sadly :(

Alright guys heres the deal.... after trying many different EFIs from this website im completely stuck and ive search the forums for similar builds and similar problems and havent had any luck finding the solution so here we go.

EFI stuff attached but keep in mind i left out the serial # etc but im using iMac 20,1

First tried installing Big Sur 11.2.3 (tried 11.4 but realized that at 11.3 xhci has problems)
1. Booted up usb installer
2. Reset NVRAM
3. Reboot
2. Disk utility erase Samsung SSD as GUIID partition AFPS (also tried the older filesystem journaled)
3. Started install and ive tried this many times so its random but it crashes and reboots after about 15ish minutes
4. Still tried to boot the SSD and it did boot up and it appeared to resume the install (dont think it really did correctly anyways) but again after a little while it randomly reboots and at that point if i try again it just loops

The problem is I dont think log files are created for that part of the install process so i have noooooooo clue what so ever what is causing this problem? After trying many many times I decided to give Cataline a try..............

Backup plan tried installing Catalina 10.15.5 (think thats the right version i used) using same attached EFI
1. Booted USB installer
2. Reset NVRAM
3. Reboot
4. First disk utility and erase ssd as GUIID journaled (even tried AFPS)

Then when i attempt to install it says that im unable to install to that drive.. so i do some research and the drive was indeed formatted as GUUID but its not creating the EFI partition and ive tried many many times with no luck. Now Catalina is my backup install but if anyone has a solution to either situation i would be extremly grateful!

Attachments

• EFI (1).zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 37
Alright guys heres the deal.... after trying many different EFIs from this website im completely stuck and ive search the forums for similar builds and similar problems and havent had any luck finding the solution so here we go.

EFI stuff attached but keep in mind i left out the serial # etc but im using iMac 20,1

First tried installing Big Sur 11.2.3 (tried 11.4 but realized that at 11.3 xhci has problems)
1. Booted up usb installer
2. Reset NVRAM
3. Reboot
2. Disk utility erase Samsung SSD as GUIID partition AFPS (also tried the older filesystem journaled)
3. Started install and ive tried this many times so its random but it crashes and reboots after about 15ish minutes
4. Still tried to boot the SSD and it did boot up and it appeared to resume the install (dont think it really did correctly anyways) but again after a little while it randomly reboots and at that point if i try again it just loops

The problem is I dont think log files are created for that part of the install process so i have noooooooo clue what so ever what is causing this problem? After trying many many times I decided to give Cataline a try..............

Backup plan tried installing Catalina 10.15.5 (think thats the right version i used) using same attached EFI
1. Booted USB installer
2. Reset NVRAM
3. Reboot
4. First disk utility and erase ssd as GUIID journaled (even tried AFPS)

Then when i attempt to install it says that im unable to install to that drive.. so i do some research and the drive was indeed formatted as GUUID but its not creating the EFI partition and ive tried many many times with no luck. Now Catalina is my backup install but if anyone has a solution to either situation i would be extremly grateful!

Okay, let me give you some ideas:

1) You have added the DeviceProperties for your iGPU but there seems to be an extra character in there:

"PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) 1" - what's that "1" there for?

2) You have a "Bootstrap" folder in the OC folder so must be from an earlier version of OpenCore. I believe the Bootstrap folder was done away with at version 0.6.6. If you are using a later version then this is left-over 'clutter' from the upgrade which should be removed. If not, update OC to at least 0.6.8.

3) The version of USBInjectAll.kext you are using is 0.7.1 - this does not have the system-definition iMac20,1 coded into it. You need to use a later version. For Big Sur I'd try version 0.7.7.

:)

Last edited:

1) You have added the DeviceProperties for your iGPU but there seems to be an extra character in there:

2) You have a "Bootstrap" folder in the OC folder so must be from an earlier version of OpenCore. I believe the Bootstrap folder was done away with at version 0.6.6. If you are using a later version then this is left-over 'clutter' from the upgrade which should be removed. If not, update OC to at least 0.6.8.

3) The version of USBInjectAll.kext you are using is 0.7.1 - this does not have the system-definition iMac20,1 coded into it. You need to use a later version. For Big Sur I'd try version 0.7.7.

awesome thanks those are great suggestions... im going to remake a big sur 11.2.3 usb installer and ill get back to u shortly

OK I made all the changes you suggest and im not sure how that 1 got there tbh lol good notice!!! Anyways the install seemed to get further but at the 12 minute remaining mark I had the installer log up but it spammed to fast for me to see what the problem is........ I think im looking at the correct opencore log regarding the install and these are the last two entries

20:406 00:039 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:DT] 2021-07-31T02:18:16
20:446 00:039 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2021-07-31T02:18:16

again im pretty sure thats related to the install I just attempted... other than that im stumped again... I think this is my 4th different mac install and this is the first motherboard that gave me this much trouble!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back