Motherboard
ASUS P5B
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Graphics
GTX 570 1,2Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I just bought I new SSD for my dual OS setup and I have run in to some problems.
I am rocking a ASUS P5B motherboard. Before I started installing the OS's, I partiotion the SSD in to, two partitions, one named "Windows SSD" and the other "Macintosh SSD". I installed mac os sierra on the "Macintosh SSD" partition. After that I booted to the SSD and the clover bootloader was successfully installed. After that I installed windows on the other partition, and when I restarted the drive would boot automatically to windows, probably because the windows intall wiped clean the clover bootloader.

So what I did, is that I reinstalled mac os sierra so that the bootloader would be reinstalled, but after the installation was complete, windows would again boot automatically (All partitions where intact because when I used the usb bootloader I can boot wherever I cant windows-mac).

So my question is, how can I reinstall th clover bootloader, so that I have access to all my OS's without the need of a seperate usb stick?

Are you installing Clover to EFI or to root of Sierra? For Legacy dual boot on same drive is best if Clover is in root.

I did the following and fixed it, sorry for seeing it so late... I had a working drive (non ssd) with sierra on this pc, and after I installed it on the ssd I copy-pasted the bootloader and all the drivers from the previous drive to the ssd and it worked !

Thank you very much for your reply !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back