Contribute
Register

Problem when IGPU is activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, sorry for the long delay, there was summer holidays, kids, a.s.o. :)

I can’t upgrade to latest clover, I don’t know why I end up with a black screen. The drivers 64 folder delete some, and even if I put those back it’s still not working, had to revert to my 4972 backup. The other kexts are the latest. Don't know what the clover mess is about, I had the problem already once (around clover 46xx) and managed to have it back by putting back AptioMemoryFix-64.efi but this time can't figure out what's wrong.

I don’t find any line named « properties » in my config.plist, opened with bbedit.

For the SSDT, I just throw the file away ? then, to enable PluginType, in Clover Configurator, is it the one with a scroll menu where you can select nothing, 0 or 1 (so True would be 1, right ?) or is it the PluginType line with a checkbox, and so I need to check it ?

Sorry for the dumb questions but it already took me a looong time to recover my working clover (now I have a backup of it on the EFI of my backup HD !!), that I don ’t want to mess everything again :).

My BIOS is the latest. I haven't tried to change platform ID because I wanted to follow both your advice to let WEG manage the thing. So the configuration is good (that makes one forum thread I've done correctly ! ;)), but letting WEG do it should be safest with futur upgrades, probably.

I'm not able to find anything in device related to IGPU, in my config.plist, under device, there's just
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>1</integer>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>FakeID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>IMEI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>LAN</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>SATA</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>WIFI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
            <key>XHCI</key>
            <string>0x0</string>
        </dict>

And it looks like that in CC :
View attachment 424632
Where is my mistake ? I know there's something I don't understand properly but can't manage to find what ... :confused:

Thanks a lot for your replies ! And thanks for your time, I need my jpeg preview back, IGPU activated, and, who knows, lateral damages could end up in cpu recognised as 3,5 instead of 3,49 and, who knows, proper sleep ! ;)

Please post your EFI folder.

Here you go, thank you !

I didn't know if this is for your Z97 or Z170 system so I didn't make any changes to your config.plist. But I updated your Clover drivers, kexts, and Clover for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.7 MB · Views: 63
Thanks a lot, I tried it, it still says clover 4972 while loading, but then display only my Windows drive. No more Mac OS drives at the clover selection screen. Had to revert back to my clover :(
What is happening with me and clover ? this is strange

[edit] another strange thing, now I'm not able to mount my USB HD ! I just tried your clover folder, reverted back to my previous one (using an external USB HD to do so, by selecting it in BIOS to boot) and now, no more external USB HD are mounting on the desktop !
(and this is for the Z97 not the Z170)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, I tried it, it still says clover 4972 while loading, but then display only my Windows drive. No more Mac OS drives at the clover selection screen. Had to revert back to my clover :(
What is happening with me and clover ? this is strange

[edit] another strange thing, now I'm not able to mount my USB HD ! I just tried your clover folder, reverted back to my previous one (using an external USB HD to do so, by selecting it in BIOS to boot) and now, no more external USB HD are mounting on the desktop !

Make sure you are booting from the correct EFI folder.

You can try putting the EFI from post #13 on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from that.

I was booting from the correct EFI folder. Changed mine with yours, then had only windows drives showing, not mac, so I had to revert back to my backup. Your EFi folder still said it was a 4972 clover version.
When I'm in BIOS, I select my HD as the startup one (even if it's twice in the list I chose the first one). Don't think there's another EFI to boot from.

I was booting from the correct EFI folder. Changed mine with yours, then had only windows drives showing, not mac, so I had to revert back to my backup. Your EFi folder still said it was a 4972 clover version.
When I'm in BIOS, I select my HD as the startup one (even if it's twice in the list I chose the first one). Don't think there's another EFI to boot from.

Try adding this to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Attachments

• apfs.efi
    592.2 KB · Views: 58
I've noticed there's no drivers32UEFI neither drivers64UEFI in the clover folder you made, is that normal ? because I had a lot in those !

New versions of Clover changed the location of the drivers.

OK, now it works, saying clover 5058 and showing my Mac HD. You were right, it was the apfs.efi that was missing.
But I've lost my USB external HD, it shows up in bios, but no more on mac OS desktop ... And still no jpeg preview

[edit] and USB sticks are not showing either, just one is mounting but says 0 elements in it when in fact it is my Mac OS install thumb drive with more than 5 Gb used ...

[edit 2] looking to EFI folders, I noticed there's on more driver in yours, AptioInputFix.efi, could it be the problem ? Or is that part of the new clover and is relevant for every user ? And I noticed you put much more kext in my EFI, but most of those are installed in Library / extensions, is that relevant to keep both ? I had only fakesmc in there, and you added ALC, Lilu, WEG, Atheros ethernet, intelmaus, usbinjectall. I have in L/E ALC, Lilu, WEG, USBinjectall, no atheros but AppleIntelE1000e.kext, no intelmaus, what should I do with those ? thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back