Contribute
Register

Problem when IGPU is activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hackintosh kexts were installed along the way with the many OSes versions ... I'm checking if I need those but it's not easy to find, think if I don't find more info, I will uninstall and see (and backup before :)).

SteamInputX.kext is, I think, the kext for Steam to be able to use a console controler
CmUSBMassStorage.kext is Reason kext against piracy

So I have to find what cause the IGPU to idle !

So some news. I got rid of every kext in your hackintosh list. So far so good, USB seems working at proper speed, ethernet is working, internal and external hardrives are properly displayed on the finder, so everything those kext were ment for (if I'm correct) is working. And boot seems a bit faster, so, thanks to you, my mHack is cleaner now !

But my main problem still occurs, no jpeg preview, and the app preview is crashing on launch, and if I activate IGPU in BIOS, very slow boot then black screen ...

What can I do ? this is a problem in the daily use of the computer :(

So some news. I got rid of every kext in your hackintosh list. So far so good, USB seems working at proper speed, ethernet is working, internal and external hardrives are properly displayed on the finder, so everything those kext were ment for (if I'm correct) is working. And boot seems a bit faster, so, thanks to you, my mHack is cleaner now !

But my main problem still occurs, no jpeg preview, and the app preview is crashing on launch, and if I activate IGPU in BIOS, very slow boot then black screen ...

What can I do ? this is a problem in the daily use of the computer :(

Try manually injecting the ig-platform-id and device-id of your IGPU in to config.plist > Devices > Properties. Hackintool can help with that.

Hi !

I've done what was in lilu's guide to inject with hackintool another platform ID, so changed the platform ID, verified the info in "connectors", in "patch -> advanced" selected the proper video device ID (It was on 5200 instead of 4600, don't know why because @jaymonkey told us I had the proper one before), and when I click on generate patch, it's just empty code ...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

It was the same in my first post on the lilu's guide here

This is strange :crazy:

[edit] as I got rid of my SSDT for PM, as you suggested, do I still need those lines in my config.plist ?
Code:
<key>DropTables</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>CpuPm</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>Cpu0Ist</string>
            </dict>
        </array>
        <key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CStates</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PStates</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
        </dict>

Hi !

I've done what was in lilu's guide to inject with hackintool another platform ID, so changed the platform ID, verified the info in "connectors", in "patch -> advanced" selected the proper video device ID (It was on 5200 instead of 4600, don't know why because @jaymonkey told us I had the proper one before), and when I click on generate patch, it's just empty code ...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

It was the same in my first post on the lilu's guide here

This is strange :crazy:

[edit] as I got rid of my SSDT for PM, as you suggested, do I still need those lines in my config.plist ?
Code:
<key>DropTables</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>CpuPm</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>Cpu0Ist</string>
            </dict>
        </array>
        <key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CStates</key>
                <false/>
                <key>PStates</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
        </dict>

You should only need PluginType=true.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 6.59.32 AM.png

I've done what was in lilu's guide to inject with hackintool another platform ID, so changed the platform ID, verified the info in "connectors", in "patch -> advanced" selected the proper video device ID (It was on 5200 instead of 4600, don't know why because @jaymonkey told us I had the proper one before)

@el.Charlot,

Many HD 4600 systems will not work with the HD 4600 PlatformID ... It's a know and well documented problem.
Using the HD 5200 PlatfromID is a valid and highly used work around as detailed in the specific HD 4600 note in the guide:-

Lilu + Plug-in guide said:
Special note on HD 4600: If you have a Haswell CPU with a HD 4600 IGPU and no dGPU (IE: solo IGPU system) then one would assume that you would use the Intel HD 4600 PlatformID of 0x04160000 as detailed in the Haswell section this post. However from my experience it seems that use of this PlatformID will result in either no output being sent to the monitor or glitchy behaviour. You may have different results but it did not work for me on three different HD 4600 systems. After some trail and error I found that the PlatformID of 0x0D220003 (Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200) and SMBIOS iMac 14,2 works very well for solo HD 4600 IGPU systems

Cheers
Jay

@el.Charlot,

Many HD 4600 systems will not work with the HD 4600 PlatformID ... It's a know and well documented problem.
Using the HD 5200 PlatfromID is a valid and highly used work around as detailed in the specific HD 4600 note in the guide:-

Cheers
Jay

Ho OK, as you said my definitions were correct, I thought there was no need for 5200 ID. But if I do the platform ID for 5200, I have to change sysdef to 14,2, right ? So have to redo message and handsoff right, and all the software authorisations that are linked to the computer, am I correct ? Keeping sysdef 15,1 would be easier but I have the feeling it will not be possible with 5200 ...

Also the guide says "for solo 4600", meaning without egpu ? this bit is unclear to me, sorry

Thanks

excuse me, @jaymonkey, but before starting to mess up my mHack, I'd like to know if I need to change the sysdef, and so the serial number and deactivate software linked to my computer, or if I can just change the platform ID to HD 5200 and try t like taht ?

thanks a lot, sorry to bother you !

[edit] I ran silentknight to check the "security" of my mHack, and I know that it's not a real mac, but we try to make it looks like one, and so, even if I'm up to date in the OS updates, it found some stuff not updated, don't know if it can cause some of my problems ? (obviously not the EFI firmware but for the rest I don't know). So, even if I think it's probably not relevant, I include a screenshot of silentknight

Capture d’écran 2019-09-24 à 10.16.13.png

Last edited:
You should only need PluginType=true.

View attachment 426548

I have a question, do I remove the 2 ssdt entry on the same page ? because I removed the ssdt files as you suggested. And dsdt ? (cause it seems I don't use one anymore). But I keep the 2 lines in patches, and add plugintype ?
Here's my screenshot :

Capture d’écran 2019-09-24 à 10.26.19.png

many many thanks, sorry for the many questions, but as I tweak a lot of stuff trying to make jpeg work, I prefer to be sure of what I'm doing else after there'll be too many things to remember to undo if it goes wrong

I have a question, do I remove the 2 ssdt entry on the same page ? because I removed the ssdt files as you suggested. And dsdt ? (cause it seems I don't use one anymore). But I keep the 2 lines in patches, and add plugintype ?
Here's my screenshot :

many many thanks, sorry for the many questions, but as I tweak a lot of stuff trying to make jpeg work, I prefer to be sure of what I'm doing else after there'll be too many things to remember to undo if it goes wrong

Yeah, you shouldn't need those. Just need PluginType=true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back