Contribute
Register

Problem when IGPU is activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, now it works, saying clover 5058 and showing my Mac HD. You were right, it was the apfs.efi that was missing.
But I've lost my USB external HD, it shows up in bios, but no more on mac OS desktop ... And still no jpeg preview

I don't know why ApfsDriverLoader is not working on your system. That driver should negate the need for Apfs.efi.

You need to apply one of the proper USB fixes.

Confirm that VDA Decoder is fully enabled by launching Hackintool.
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 8.44.55 AM.png

Sorry, was editing my previous postwith this :
el Charlot said:
[edit 2] looking to EFI folders, I noticed there's on more driver in yours, AptioInputFix.efi, could it be the problem ? Or is that part of the new clover and is relevant for every user ? And I noticed you put much more kext in my EFI, but most of those are installed in Library / extensions, is that relevant to keep both ? I had only fakesmc in there, and you added ALC, Lilu, WEG, Atheros ethernet, intelmaus, usbinjectall. I have in L/E ALC, Lilu, WEG, USBinjectall, no atheros but AppleIntelE1000e.kext, no intelmaus, what should I do with those ? thanks a lot !

hadn't noticed there was a new page. No, decoding failed, that is the purpose, originaly, of my topic :) USB was working like a charm before we started tweaking my clover, so it's probably related to my new clover

Sorry, was editing my previous postwith this :

hadn't noticed there was a new page. No, decoding failed, that is the purpose, originaly, of my topic :) USB was working like a charm before we started tweaking my clover, so it's probably related to my new clover

AptioInputFix is part of the AptioMemoryFix package. It shouldn't cause any problems.

Your config.plist (which I did not make any changes to because I didn't know if this EFI is for your Z97 or Z170 system) is set to inject kexts, so kexts should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Since you are injecting kexts, you can get rid of all your hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/. Delete them.

Reboot and try Hackintool again.

I've deleted all the extensions in L/E that where also in EFI. Boot time started to be amazingly low (minutes), and goes to black screen at the login menu. I have the same problem when I enable IGPU in BIOS, but this time with OR without IGPU enabled in BIOS the problem occurs.

As the purpose of my topic here is to enable IGPU in BIOS, seems we're in the right direction :). So I had to remotly connect to the Hack and install back the kexts in L/E, and now boot is normal and screens are back. But still nothing in Hackintool (and I looked also while connected remotly when screens were black, it was the same).

Thanks for your time and patience !

I've deleted all the extensions in L/E that where also in EFI. Boot time started to be amazingly low (minutes), and goes to black screen at the login menu. I have the same problem when I enable IGPU in BIOS, but this time with OR without IGPU enabled in BIOS the problem occurs.

As the purpose of my topic here is to enable IGPU in BIOS, seems we're in the right direction :). So I had to remotly connect to the Hack and install back the kexts in L/E, and now boot is normal and screens are back. But still nothing in Hackintool (and I looked also while connected remotly when screens were black, it was the same).

Thanks for your time and patience !

Doesn't make sense. Having kexts injected by Clover should not take minutes. Boot in verbose mode to see where the slow down occurs.

Black screen would indicate incorrect graphics configuration.
If/when you connect remotely:
  • Launch Terminal and enter "kextstat" to see if the kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ are loaded.
  • Launch IORegistryExplorer to see if IGPU framebuffer is working.

Other things to consider:
  • Kext should either be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or /Library/Extensions/ not both.
  • If kexts are in /Library/Extensions/ don't inject with Clover. Disable this in config.plist > System Parameters.
  • Make sure the Lilu plugins/extensions are compatible with the version of Lilu you're using.

(sorry, wrote that on tuesday, forgot to clic "post reply" ... getting to it now :))
Hi !

Sorry for the late answer, will try to do that before friday, I need the computer to do a bit of work till then.

But yes, it's strange, deinstalling those kext from L/E makes the Hack react exactly as when I just enable IGPU in bios. So to resume :
  • kexts in EFI AND in L/E without IGPU enabled in BIOS makes the computer start properly, but no jpeg preview because no VDA decoder
  • kexts in EFI AND in L/E with IGPU enabled in BIOS makes the computer start reallyyyyyy slow and black screen at end of boot
  • kexts only in EFI, with or without IGPU enabled in BIOS makes the computer start reallyyyyyy slow and black screen at end of boot
Kexts are the same versions in EFI and in L/E, and are the latest.

So, the strangest thing happened. I got rid of extensions in L/E again. Boot was again slow with black screen, so I thought I could put those back, then erase them one by one to identify which one was the problem, and then go to verbose mode. Now Kext are again all removed form L/E, but this time the Hack is booting properly when it was done one by one with a reboot every time ... computers are not science, it's witchcraft !

So I went back to enable IGPU in BIOS, and then slow boot again, here is a picture of -v, it starts blocking at the first AICPUPM :

IMG_0840.jpg

The clover kexts BTW don't show up in the information panel under extensions, and here is the consol results (accessed remotely) you asked for :
Capture d’écran 2019-09-13 à 11.35.39.png

Capture d’écran 2019-09-13 à 11.35.54.png

Capture d’écran 2019-09-13 à 11.36.04.png

For IOReg, I didn't found IGPU framebuffer exactly, but as I don't know well what to look for, here are screenshots of what I had when searching for "IGPU" and searching for "framebuffer" :
Capture d’écran 2019-09-13 à 11.38.58.png

Capture d’écran 2019-09-13 à 11.38.37.png

Thanks a lot (again ;))

So, the strangest thing happened. I got rid of extensions in L/E again. Boot was again slow with black screen, so I thought I could put those back, then erase them one by one to identify which one was the problem, and then go to verbose mode. Now Kext are again all removed form L/E, but this time the Hack is booting properly when it was done one by one with a reboot every time ... computers are not science, it's witchcraft !

So I went back to enable IGPU in BIOS, and then slow boot again, here is a picture of -v, it starts blocking at the first AICPUPM :

View attachment 425697

The clover kexts BTW don't show up in the information panel under extensions, and here is the consol results (accessed remotely) you asked for :
View attachment 425698
View attachment 425699
View attachment 425700

For IOReg, I didn't found IGPU framebuffer exactly, but as I don't know well what to look for, here are screenshots of what I had when searching for "IGPU" and searching for "framebuffer" :
View attachment 425701
View attachment 425702
Thanks a lot (again ;))

I don't know why deleting the kexts in /Library/Extensions/ one at a time would make any difference. I think you may need to rebuild the kext cache. Please enter the following in Terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

I don't know if real iMac15,x had IGPU enabled and I'm not sure if there's native support for Intel HD 4600. I that that the reason why you are getting a graphics error when booting with IGPU enabled is due to lack of driver support. Therefore, you should leave the IGPU disabled.

The GTX 760 should be natively supported. Make sure all monitors are connected to the GTX 760 only and no monitors should be connected to the motherboard.

Both monitors are connected to the 760, else I would not have both functioning without IGPU enabled in BIOS, I think.

It seems, if I understood @jaymonkey correctly that there is IGPU in iMac 15,x and that HD4600 is supported.

Your consol command returned :
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149f1e6b0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149f14480 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8147c940d0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8147f1a010 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext/", ID = "net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149ef0520 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8147d038d0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/CmUSBMassStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149d3fc00 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo" }
KernelCache ID: CFC763A32B24AAA5799F99A357B12F8E
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd471721450 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/SteamInputX.kext/", ID = "com.valvesoftware.SteamInput" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd473638320 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo" }
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/CmUSBMassStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd47153bd40 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd471547b40 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd4715507b0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext/", ID = "net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd471551720 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd4715c1a10 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd4715c9360 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA" }

So now my kexts are not anymore in double, and there's been a NICE cleaning of my EFI folder, but I still have my initial problem :banghead: To have the VDA decoder I need to enable IGPU in BIOS :(

Both monitors are connected to the 760, else I would not have both functioning without IGPU enabled in BIOS, I think.

It seems, if I understood @jaymonkey correctly that there is IGPU in iMac 15,x and that HD4600 is supported.

Your consol command returned :
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149f1e6b0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149f14480 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8147c940d0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8147f1a010 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext/", ID = "net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149ef0520 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8147d038d0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8149d3fc00 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo" }
KernelCache ID: CFC763A32B24AAA5799F99A357B12F8E
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd471721450 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/SteamInputX.kext/", ID = "com.valvesoftware.SteamInput" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd473638320 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd47153bd40 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_SATA" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd471547b40 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID.XHCIMux" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd4715507b0 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext/", ID = "net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd471551720 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd4715c1a10 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd4715c9360 [0x7fff93ca48e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext/", ID = "com.tonymacx86.AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA" }

So now my kexts are not anymore in double, and there's been a NICE cleaning of my EFI folder, but I still have my initial problem :banghead: To have the VDA decoder I need to enable IGPU in BIOS :(

Geez. Are you sure you need all those kexts?

The following are all hackintosh kexts. Make sure you actually need them. If not, delete them.
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakePCIID.kext
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext

I have no idea what the following are:
SteamInputX.kext
CmUSBMassStorage.kext

Also, it's clear that your IGPU is a problem when booting.
IMG_0840.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back