Contribute
Register

Problem booting macOS Sierra with Clover on laptop (Kernel Cache error 0x7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.232980/

Also... it appears you forgot HFSPlus.efi. You won't even be able to see your install_osx partition with this setup (because config.plist disables VboxHfs).

I tried but nothing changed.

However I use clover legacy, and in your guide you say this: “Note: For Clover legacy, HFSPlus.efi is built-in (Clover legacy loads no drivers from drivers64UEFI anyway)“
So I don't think the problem is caused by the lack of HFSPlus.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

I tried but nothing changed.

However I use clover legacy, and in your guide you say this: “Note: For Clover legacy, HFSPlus.efi is built-in (Clover legacy loads no drivers from drivers64UEFI anyway)“
So I don't think the problem is caused by the lack of HFSPlus.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

It works!!! I tried to format the pen drive and re create it including HFSPlus.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, booted using a fakeID for the graphics card and the installer came up.
Thank you RehabMan for your knowledge and your availability!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have another problem, after the installer extracted the files I rebooted, selected the usb from bios and instead of clover, showed up this
20180102_205544.jpg

I clicked on continue but it shows always the same thing.

I have another problem, after the installer extracted the files I rebooted, selected the usb from bios and instead of clover, showed up thisView attachment 303199
I clicked on continue but it shows always the same thing.

Issue with your USB.
Requirements for legacy boot:
- usually must be MBR
- must have active (FAT32) partition
- must have MBR boot record
- sometimes must have PBR boot record

Issue with your USB.
Requirements for legacy boot:
- usually must be MBR
- must have active (FAT32) partition
- must have MBR boot record
- sometimes must have PBR boot record

So, what I have to do? I followed your guide to create the usb.

So, what I have to do? I followed your guide to create the usb.

You need to figure out what you're doing different from when you were able to boot Clover from the USB.

You need to figure out what you're doing different from when you were able to boot Clover from the USB.

Nothing, but I noticed that I have this problem only with this version of Clover

Nothing, but I noticed that I have this problem only with this version of Clover

Use whatever version of Clover that works for you.
There is quite a bit of churn in Clover, and therefore regressions and bugs are common.
Especially with not often used features such as legacy booting of Clover (most people have much newer hardware that supports UEFI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back