Contribute
Register

Preview Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sys-def 14,2 is working magnificently, no issues here!

The latest Cuda drivers were for 10.13, hopefully they'll release a new one soon.
https://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-410.130-driver.html

Considering I have tried every other which way, wouldn't be surprised if the .plist file fixes it.:rolleyes:

Ok :thumbup:

Bear in mind though that without a Mojave version of the Nvidia drivers (and there isn't one yet) CUDA may not work. Unless someone else has definitively stated it will etc. The last drivers Nvidia produced for Mac were the High Sierra ones but they don't work with Mojave due to internal version-checking. It can be got around but I have no experience doing it recently (I last had a Nvidia card a year or so back). If the GTX760 is natively recognised macOS should cater for it completely and give good results.

:)

Speaking of Nvidia drivers, I picked up an GTX 1080 ti from a friend (it matched the one in the buyers guide), and I installed today. While the system pickups the card and recognizes it, but doesn't pickup the resolution correctly (I'll save that issue for another thread). However, with the new card in, Preview was able to open the jpegs with no issue. Perhaps the issue was the card all along? Or maybe an issue with the Nvidia drivers from multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back