Contribute
Register

Power Management Not working HP Pavilion Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

About Internet:
1st I installed the Realtek RTL81xx kext version 1.1.2.

Then I installed HORNDIS pkg to make my android tethering work so that i wont need ethernet cable?

Hi,

About Internet:
1st I installed the Realtek RTL81xx kext version 1.1.2.

That's good -- if it works on your system, that is one of the better drivers.

Then I installed HORNDIS pkg to make my android tethering work so that i wont need ethernet cable?

I have no idea what that is, but it sounds sketchy. Have you tried without?

Hi,

My bios has a limited options. I dont have that wake on USB thing. :( What should i do?

DSDT:
I only use the 7-series usb from your repo. The USB3 Multiplex gives me an error like this
screenshot_14.jpg

About Horndis.

I think its a driver so that my computer detect my android device tether.
Click Here ----> the link

Attachments

• IoReg_3.ioreg.zip
    384.6 KB · Views: 65
Sounds like a USB issue. Capture ioreg when it happens. If you unplug your mouse then plug it back in does it work? Even my ProBook does this sometimes, although it is fairly rare.

Hi,

This is my ioreg when i cant use my mouse. Right now im using my trackpad.

Edit:
I restarted again and it my mouse is not working :( maybe because of patch 7-usb series? How can i revert it back? :D To its old state when my mouse is working?

Attachments

• usbIoreg.ioreg.zip
    350.1 KB · Views: 75
Hi,

My bios has a limited options. I dont have that wake on USB thing. :( What should i do?

DSDT:
I only use the 7-series usb from your repo. The USB3 Multiplex gives me an error like this
View attachment 70500

See the "alternate" in the code you posted in your screen shot? Remove/comment out the line causing the error, and substitute the alternate (by removing the comment '//').

Hi,

This is my ioreg when i cant use my mouse. Right now im using my trackpad.

Edit:
I restarted again and it my mouse is not working :( maybe because of patch 7-usb series? How can i revert it back? :D To its old state when my mouse is working?

Is this with the "7-series USB3 Multiplex" patch in place? If so, it is not designed to work with GenericUSBXHCI (designed for stock AppleUSBXHCI instead).

To "undo" DSDT patches, you boot with DSDT=Null (or load a saved copy of your native DSDT) and re-apply patches except the one that is causing an issue. It is also a good idea to keep your last known working DSDT as you experiment with changes.

Is this with the "7-series USB3 Multiplex" patch in place? If so, it is not designed to work with GenericUSBXHCI (designed for stock AppleUSBXHCI instead).

To "undo" DSDT patches, you boot with DSDT=Null (or load a saved copy of your native DSDT) and re-apply patches except the one that is causing an issue. It is also a good idea to keep your last known working DSDT as you experiment with changes.

HI,

I just updated to mavericks and it gave me a very weird issue.

Scenario:

First i have a working mouse. Then I reboot then my mouse doesnt work but my trackpad does. Then I reboot again then my mouse works again. Then reboot again then mouse doesnt work but trackpad does. Ive done this multiple times and same results. The other reboot mouse is working then other reboot mouse doesnt work but trackpad does.

I tried this with the dsdt using 7-series usb only plus the multiplex and with the dsdt patch with not 7-series usb and multiples. Same result.
Ive attached my ioreg.

Attachments

• IoregMavericks.ioreg.zip
    364.2 KB · Views: 63
HI,

I just updated to mavericks and it gave me a very weird issue.

Scenario:

First i have a working mouse. Then I reboot then my mouse doesnt work but my trackpad does. Then I reboot again then my mouse works again. Then reboot again then mouse doesnt work but trackpad does. Ive done this multiple times and same results. The other reboot mouse is working then other reboot mouse doesnt work but trackpad does.

I tried this with the dsdt using 7-series usb only plus the multiplex and with the dsdt patch with not 7-series usb and multiples. Same result.
Ive attached my ioreg.

This ioreg shows GenericUSBXHCI. Make sure you're not using it with the multiplex patch. Also, it is probably better to use the multiplex patch and no GenericUSBXHCI as that will use Apple provided AppleUSBXHCI. When your mouse doesn't work, try posting ioreg (this one shows the mouse plugged in).

Also, what do you mean by 'trackpad doesn't work'? What is your setting in SysPrefs->Accessibility->"Mouse & Trackpad" for "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse..."

Also, VoodooHDA is not recommended...

HI,

Ive attached my Ioreg. About the restart i think the problem is gone. That is very weird.I didnt do anything.But if it happens again ill post the Ioreg here.

I remove my mouse then plugged it again it doesnt work(thats when i havent remove the GenericUSB) but when i removed it, it works. :)

About battery though:
I just notice this. My battery doesnt end up in 100% when full charge. Here is the image
screenshot_16.jpg

But if i check the preference it says "baterry is charged"
screenshot_17.jpg

Audio:
Is this the correct link for AppleHDA
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha-30.html

Thanks.

Attachments

• IoregNoMouse.ioreg.zip
    361.8 KB · Views: 67
HI,

Ive attached my Ioreg. About the restart i think the problem is gone. That is very weird.I didnt do anything.But if it happens again ill post the Ioreg here.

I remove my mouse then plugged it again it doesnt work(thats when i havent remove the GenericUSB) but when i removed it, it works. :)

I think since your mouse was plugged into USB3 and you're using GenericUSBXHCI it is a problem with that kext. There are known issues with it on 10.8.5 and 10.9, just like you describe. The suggestion is to transition to AppleUSBXHCI if you can (involves DSDT patches).

About battery though:
I just notice this. My battery doesnt end up in 100% when full charge. Here is the image
View attachment 70860

But if i check the preference it says "baterry is charged"
View attachment 70861

That is normal. Most chargers do not begin a new charge until you have discharged down to about 92% in order to save battery cycles.

You have Realtek on this laptop? Have you gathered a codec dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back