Contribute
Register

Post your GTX 750 Ti NVCAP / IOREG

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS! found a bug....

i was just doing some casual editing in FCPX when it suddenly froze!
was on the driver before latest, just upgraded to see if that makes a difference!

will update....

EDIT: just found out that it was not the driver!

was trying to stabilize footage from a C920 recorded thru quicktime....

then it froze the 2nd time, and i had to restart!

i am using windows now

i dont know if this has something to do with FCPX or if it happens after a certain amount of time

Just flashed my ASUS GTX 750 Ti OC with STRIX VBIOS 82.07.32.40.47. (I also lowered the base and boost clock rates to match the original VBIOS.) Now all ports work. DiRT 3 (PC) can run without any issue.

It seems like we can safely assume that the problem is due to some communication problem between the VBIOS of certain ASUS cards and the NVIDIA Web Drivers with respect to the number, layout, arrangement or some other parameter related to the ports.

So, if the problem has been solved by flashing a different VBIOS i.e. one end of the problem. Can't editing the NVIDIA Web Drivers be a solution that tackles the other end of the problem? Maybe then, we could get the ASUS cards to give output on their original VBIOS with a modified NVIDIA kext.

Easier said than done, I know; but I'm hoping somebody here is skilled enough to approach this issue?

Is it possible to dissect both the working and non-working ASUS VBIOS and actually see for ourselves the difference between them? Maybe that might help narrow down the cause.

"NVIDIA BIOS Editor 6.06 (NiBiTor)"

Could this be of any help in analysing or modifying the VBIOS? Does anybody know how to work with it?

NiBiTor doesn't work with 750 Ti. Try MaxwellBiosTweaker v1.36.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back