Contribute
Register

Post your GTX 750 Ti NVCAP / IOREG

Status
Not open for further replies.
although ASUS still does not give HDMI output even with VBIOS 82.07.32.xx.
The noted STRIX BIOS version has working HDMI. In one case, when flashed to a non working Asus 750 ti, DVI and HDMI now working.

The noted STRIX BIOS version has working HDMI. In one case, when flashed to a non working Asus 750 ti, DVI and HDMI now working.

The VBIOS I assume is designed as per the layout/architecture of the card, right? So, wouldn't flashing another card's VBIOS have adverse effects on the flashed card's functioning due to a difference in the layout/architecture?

Mine is the smaller sized, single fan 'PH' series of the ASUS GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 with VBIOS 82.07.25.13. Will flashing it with STRIX's 82.07.32.xx VBIOS cause adverse effects to the functioning of the card or cause non-functioning of any of the components on the card?

Say, I flash it with the STRIX BIOS for the sake of OS X; will that change user experience of the card on Windows or during demanding games like Watch_Dogs? Can it lead to hardware failure, overheating or any such issues?

I don't quite know what exactly the VBIOS controls and doesn't control, hence all these questions. Please educate us.

The VBIOS I assume is designed as per the layout/architecture of the card, right?
I am not a VBIOS expert and have never needed to flash a VBIOS. There are many tools and guides available. The VBIOS is designed to accommodate feature and functional differences in hardware. In the case of Nvidia, the same GeForce driver supports all models.

Flashing a graphics card has risks. The precautions are the same; backup the current BIOS, use a BIOS from the same manufacturer and the same or similar model, install the new BIOS and verify.

No idea of the outcome for your card. At this point, there is one attempt documented with success.

Say, I flash it with the STRIX BIOS for the sake of OS X; will that change user experience of the card on Windows or during demanding games like Watch_Dogs? Can it lead to hardware failure, overheating or any such issues?

Yes, it might.

I flashed my ASUS GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB DDR5 with Palit's 82.07.32.00.60 BIOS. After that I was able to boot into OS X using HDMI. However, whenever I launched a game in Windows, green flickering pixels appeared and the game crashed instantly. I thought one reason was that the core clock rate of Palit's BIOS was set to 1202 MHz but my card's base core clock rate was 1072 MHz. So Palit's BIOS was overclocking my card, making it unstable.

Therefore, I tried to modify Palit's BIOS using a tool I downloaded somewhere. From the tool, I learned that Palit, ASUS and Gigabyte's 750 Ti BIOS all have different settings for fan speed control. I changed all values (fan speeds, core clock rate, mem clock rate, etc.) to values presented in the original ASUS BIOS and flashed the card again. I was able to boot into Windows, but NVIDIA driver could not recognize the card. The driver was not loaded even it was installed.

Then, I flashed the card with Gigabyte's BIOS, which had a lower clock rate, but the card was bricked. Luckily, I was able to re-flash the card with the original BIOS.

As I remember, ASUS STRIX 750 Ti series have higher base clock rates than normal ASUS 750 Ti. I think it's likely that the BIOS will make your card unstable.

In conclusion: Flashing with third-party's BIOS is not a permanent solution to the "missing HDMI" problem.

Update: ASUS STRIX's VBIOS 82.07.32.40.47 is much stabler than Palit's VBIOS with my card. Now, I can play all my PC games without any issue.

Last edited:
Looks like all Maxwell cards with VBIOS 82.07.32.xx work with OS X irrespective of the vendor (although ASUS still does not give HDMI output even with VBIOS 82.07.32.xx).

Note that ASUS GTX 750 Ti OC has VBIOS 82.07.32.00.20, but both DVI and HDMI ports are not working with NVIDIA Web Driver (no signal after boot screen).

All hypothesis for working Asus GTX 750/750ti have failed. Any/all connected displays are not recognized in OS X. My opinion; it is unlikely these Asus graphics cards will ever work without an engineering change from Asus.

Update: ASUS STRIX-GTX750TI-OC-2GD5/VBIOS 82.07.07.32.40.47/DVI - working with 10.10.1

I contacted both NVIDIA and ASUS over Online Chat Support.

They are not entertaining my issue (obviously/not surprised) as they say these ASUS cards were never sold to work with OS X. They said no part of the product mentions it is OS X compatible. These cards are sold with Windows in mind which is why they don't care if they work with OS X or not.

They said they can provide support for only the supported products list for the Web Driver 343.02.01f01.

So why GTX 750 Ti cards by other vendors work and by ASUS don't (except the ASUS STRIX-GTX750TI-OC-2GD5) is a mystery that can be solved only by the Hackintosh community! OR SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM WHO HAPPENS TO WORK FOR NVIDIA OR ASUS.

It's up to the Hackintosh community alone to get all these cards working, failing which we are all stuck with some expensive, unfortunate purchases and failed Hackintosh dreams.

I contacted both NVIDIA and ASUS over Online Chat Support.

They are not entertaining my issue (obviously/not surprised) as they say these ASUS cards were never sold to work with OS X. They said no part of the product mentions it is OS X compatible. These cards are sold with Windows in mind which is why they don't care if they work with OS X or not.

They said they can provide support for only the supported products list for the Web Driver 343.02.01f01.

So why GTX 750 Ti cards by other vendors work and by ASUS don't (except the ASUS STRIX-GTX750TI-OC-2GD5) is a mystery that can be solved only by the Hackintosh community! OR SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM WHO HAPPENS TO WORK FOR NVIDIA OR ASUS.

It's up to the Hackintosh community alone to get all these cards working, failing which we are all stuck with some expensive, unfortunate purchases and failed Hackintosh dreams.

why not just use integrated graphics?

and put card back in when wanting to play games!

or just buy a really cheap card?
like £10-20

like a g210 or a gt610
or a really cheapy one from ebay used?

why not just use integrated graphics?

and put card back in when wanting to play games!

or just buy a really cheap card?
like £10-20

like a g210 or a gt610
or a really cheapy one from ebay used?

Although I bought the card for hardcore gaming (something I dearly miss from my teenage years), finding time for it is harder than I assumed, when your entire day goes by treating sick people.

At the moment, I'm using Integrated Graphics, but using IGFX all the time and plugging in the GTX 750 Ti only when I want to game (which lately has been very rare) would be a complete waste of the card. I'd at least be justifying the amount I put in for the GTX 750 Ti (which was a lot for me considering I'm on the budget of a medical student with daunting student loans), if I was running the OS and all my other demanding applications off it on a daily basis.

Maybe, I will have to get another (cheap) card eventually after I've saved up for a while, but I'm not giving up just yet. Definitely not buying a used card, have had the worst experience with some used/refurbished products.

Although I bought the card for hardcore gaming (something I dearly miss from my teenage years), finding time for it is harder than I assumed, when your entire day goes by treating sick people.

At the moment, I'm using Integrated Graphics, but using IGFX all the time and plugging in the GTX 750 Ti only when I want to game (which lately has been very rare) would be a complete waste of the card. I'd at least be justifying the amount I put in for the GTX 750 Ti (which was a lot for me considering I'm on the budget of a medical student with daunting student loans), if I was running the OS and all my other demanding applications off it on a regular basis.

Maybe, I will have to get another (cheap) card eventually, but I'm not giving up just yet. Definitely not buying a used card, have had the worst experience with some used/refurbished products.

ohh ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back