Register

Post your GTX 750 Ti NVCAP / IOREG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mistake. Attach the IOReg.

will do!

sorry if i was a bit rude....
i didnt mean to!

also thanks for all your help and i will post my ioreg the next time i boot into OSX

but other guys, just make sure that GraphicsEnabler=No.....

Thanks!

toleda,

so it seems like all EVGA and Gigabyte cards across the market are working now.

So my issues seem to be ASUS-centric.

Earlier I thought it had to do with VBIOS 82.07.25.xx because all cards with VBIOS 82.07.32.xx were working. But it can't be that, right? Because Gershy's card which he just managed to get working had VBIOS 82.07.25.xx similar to mine, albeit of a different vendor.

Is there any potential solution for my case in the near or distant future? Or is my fate sealed until I buy a different card?

is my fate sealed until I buy a different card?
All hypothesis for working Asus GTX 750/750ti have failed. Any/all connected displays are not recognized in OS X. My opinion; it is unlikely these Asus graphics cards will ever work without an engineering change from Asus.

Update: ASUS STRIX-GTX750TI-OC-2GD5/VBIOS 82.07.07.32.40.47/DVI - working with 10.10.1

I tried GraphicsEnabler=No. Didn't make any difference to my issue. I still have no output on any of the ports.

Btw, while tinkering around with my BIOS settings, enabling/disabling PCIe/IGFX and switching the cable between the HDMI ports on IGFX and the GTX750Ti; I saw something different this one time, while my monitor was still hooked up to the on-board HDMI port.

For only that one time, my 'About This Mac' showed 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2047 MB' and 'System Report' showed details/properties about my monitor Dell S2440L when I clicked on the discrete card in Graphics/Displays.

THIS HAPPENED ONLY ONCE. I haven't been able to replicate this even after several tries and retracing of my steps. I tried all possible permutations and combinations for what I could have done, but no success. The only thing I can remember for certain is that GraphicsEnabler=No was one of the boot flags when that happened.

At this moment and every other time before, my 'About This Mac' shows 'Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB' and 'System Report' shows details/properties for the connected monitor only for on-board graphics and not for the discrete GPU.

I don't know if this information is of any significance or not. Just putting it out there, hoping it gives some clue that can help resolve the issue with ASUS Maxwell cards.

My opinion; it is unlikely these Asus graphics cards will ever work without an engineering change from ASUS.

I can't afford another card at the moment and I don't know if anybody will buy this from me either since it is 8 months old. Looks like I have to give up my Hackintosh dreams for a couple of years, if this is so.

Update: ASUS STRIX-GTX750TI-OC-2GD5/VBIOS 82.07.07.32.40.47/DVI - working with 10.10.1

Looks like all Maxwell cards with VBIOS 82.07.32.xx work with OS X irrespective of the vendor (although ASUS still does not give HDMI output even with VBIOS 82.07.32.xx).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back