GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (bios F5b)
CPU
Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi.

Everything was working great on my 10.11.5 system. Today I was copying files between a sd card and a usb stick. All of the sudden, Finder stopped responding. I tried to re-launch it, but it didn't work. I tried to shut down the computer, but it was taking a very long time to do so. Since I was late for a meeting, I had to manually shut down the computer. After I came back from the meeting, I tried to start the computer, but I would get stuck on boot with the white Apple logo. Tried manually restarting, and here is where it gets weird: I pressed the restart button on the case and I booted directly into Windows (I have two drives, one for each OS). I went back to my BIOS to see why my booting options had changed, and I noticed my saved BIOS profiles were gone.

Anyway, I tried bootflags -v and -x and this is what I get:

kL3w1iD.jpg

I know you guys get this all the time, but I'm seriously in the middle of a project that I need to finish ASAP. Any help will be very appreciated.

Anyone? Please?

Just in case it's helpful to anyone, I trashed all Nvidia kexts in S/L/E. Boot up with default system drivers, installed latest Nvidia drivers, and I got my system booting normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back