Contribute
Register

Patching Intel HD 4400 through Whatevergreen Stops Big sur From booting!!!

I have mini pc, so i cant just plug the gpu in the pc, i will need an egpu dock and i am not gonna even try that
Motherboard should say:
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM

Regardless of your messing us around with the use of display adapters I have attached a revised EFI for your HP system.

You current EFI was missing some essential entries:
  1. Device ID - required for for HD4400 IGPU
  2. LapicKernelPanic - required for HP systems to prevent KP!
  3. SecureBootModel - was set as Default, which is wrong when running High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Should be set as 'Disabled'. To prevent KP!
  4. Boot Arguments - duplicate arguments (-v & keepsyms=1), missing debug=0x100
  5. Memory - section with no entries, so not needed.
  6. MinDate & MinVersion - both are set as 0, these should be set to the entries required for the oldest APFS version used in the system, in this case High Sierra. Otherwise it will KP!
I have checked the config.plist with OCValidator, it shows there are no errors present.

All you need to do is add your Serial Number to the config.plist for this to work for you.

DO NOT change anything else.

Attachments

• EFI-rev1.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 74
Regardless of your messing us around with the use of display adapters I have attached a revised EFI for your HP system.

You current EFI was missing some essential entries:
  1. Device ID - required for for HD4400 IGPU
  2. LapicKernelPanic - required for HP systems to prevent KP!
  3. SecureBootModel - was set as Default, which is wrong when running High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. Should be set as 'Disabled'. To prevent KP!
  4. Boot Arguments - duplicate arguments (-v & keepsyms=1), missing debug=0x100
  5. Memory - section with no entries, so not needed.
  6. MinDate & MinVersion - both are set as 0, these should be set to the entries required for the oldest APFS version used in the system, in this case High Sierra. Otherwise it will KP!
I have checked the config.plist with OCValidator, it shows there are no errors present.

All you need to do is add your Serial Number to the config.plist for this to work for you.

DO NOT change anything else.
really wierd huh... I used your modified efi, booted into it, got stuck at the same place left it for 10-15 mins and the tv/monitor shows no display???!?!?

i am seriously starting to think the display converter is the main culprit

they normally are...
Cuz.. I have tried every single settings in the bios and in opencore none of them work
guess i have to wait for my new monitor then...

I was thinking of installing ventura and patching the graphics using Opencore Legacy Patcher maybe that will work?

I was thinking of installing ventura and patching the graphics using Opencore Legacy Patcher maybe that will work?
no

Back