Contribute
Register

Patching Intel HD 4400 through Whatevergreen Stops Big sur From booting!!!

Enable Legacy Booting, as this may be one of the reasons for the system not working/booting macOS correctly, with the recommended framebuffer.
Nope still not working now stuck at setPMK: PMK SET!
Btw can i use different device-id

No, you need to use the device id for a supported IGPU, such as the HD4600, so the one provided is it.

No, you need to use the device id for a supported IGPU, such as the HD4600, so the one provided is it.
I have tired but that is what is casing macos not to boot

The HD4600 Device ID has never caused any of my numerous Haswell systems/Hacks to crash/KP. It is more likely to be something else in your setup that causes the HP system to KP/crash.

I will be home and look at your EFI later this afternoon.

The HD4600 Device ID has never caused any of my numerous Haswell systems/Hacks to crash/KP. It is more likely to be something else in your setup that causes the HP system to KP/crash.

I will be home and look at your EFI later this afternoon.
Btw, I am using VGA+MICRO USB TO HDMI adaptor maybe that is causing problems

Btw, I am using VGA+MICRO USB TO HDMI adaptor maybe that is causing problems
yes, adaptors can cause huge issues, should have mentioned this is in your first post

yes, adaptors can cause huge issues, should have mentioned this is in your first post
my pc only supports dvi and vga and tv only supports hdmi
so yeah... guess i have to buy new cheap monitor with dvi output

my pc only supports dvi and vga and tv only supports hdmi
so yeah... guess i have to buy new cheap monitor with dvi output
or a cheap video card with hdmi....

or a cheap video card with hdmi....
I have mini pc, so i cant just plug the gpu in the pc, i will need an egpu dock and i am not gonna even try that

I have mini pc, so i cant just plug the gpu in the pc, i will need an egpu dock and i am not gonna even try that
this is why hardware profiles are important:

Screenshot 2023-05-16 141036.jpg

Back