Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, the SnazzyLabs' video references him in the YouTube notes. Hmmmm.

Here's the IOReg. I hit search for BRCM20702 Hub but nothing comes up.

No BRCM20702 Hub could be defective or not Connected properly. You're USB Configuration is not correct neither. EHC1 should be EH01, EHC2 should be EH02. Fix USB First.

Thanks again for the feedback. Today I picked up a 8300.

Specs:
Intel Core [email protected]
8GB Ram
1TB HDD
Windows 10 - 64 bit

It did not come with power adapter. Quick search showed me this.
41nU5kRulPL._SX425_.jpg

Is this the one you guys use? I see a 3-pin female on the back, but no 5mm input?

or this one
s-l225.jpg

Also, these are the upgrades, please let me know if everything looks ok.

1. WD Blue 250GB Internal SSD x2 RAID0
2. Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - for a total of 24GB if compatible with the exsiting 8gb stick.
3. EVGA GTX 750 TI - one fan, low profile. Used for $40. Good deal?
4. I may throw in 750GB 2.5 HD I've laying around.
5. Broadcom BCM94360CD

Will the power supply be able to handle all of this?
How's my GPU? Is it worth it to get a better one? Which one?

The computer came with an old crappy monitor, probably not worth selling. Will I be able to run it, has VGA, along with my Ultra Wide monitor through HDMI or DP?

Will be mostly used for FCPX and Adobe Suite.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Edit: wifi card

That external power brick is for the USFF version. Basically a mini-itx desktop. Size of a Mac Mini. You won't need that. Did you get the CMT or SFF version ? If you have the CMT I would get a GTX 1050 Ti, a far superior card to the 750 Ti.

That external power brick is for the USFF version. Basically a mini-itx desktop. Size of a Mac Mini. You won't need that. Did you get the CMT or SFF version ? If you have the CMT I would get a GTX 1050 Ti, a far superior card to the 750 Ti.

Thank you for confirming. I got the CMT.

I was considering 1050 Ti based on everyone feedback here. Note that I don't game at all, is the performance worth the price difference of the GTX750. And will the power supply handle it with no problem?

Should I go with Gigabyte or EVGA version, they're the same price.

Edit: GPU Version.

If you don't game and your video editing is just for fun (hobby) then you don't need to spend more for the 1050 Ti. You could go with the 750 Ti and do the job. The 320W PSU is more than enough power.

Last edited:
No BRCM20702 Hub could be defective or not Connected properly. You're USB Configuration is not correct neither. EHC1 should be EH01, EHC2 should be EH02. Fix USB First.

Thank you! I wonder if that should be pinned as part of the initial setup instructions?

I did a fresh re-install to Sierra 10.12.5 and followed the instructions for the EHC1 to EH01 here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ff-i7-3770-gt-630.199712/page-28#post-1448082
That did it -- Bluetooth now shows up.
Incidentally, installing fresh Sierra made Intel 4000 graphics work on the displayport right out of the gate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back