Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good 13,2 is what you want to use. How are you connecting the BT Cable ? I don't have one of these SFF 8300s, do they have a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard ?
There is a header labeled 'Media' on the motherboard (this is the image that pastry_chef posted) - I've tried both of the circled ports.
screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-2-56-04-pm-png.217445

Are you able to connect your front USB 2.0 ports to those headers to make sure they are working properly ?

I did not have to do any of that. Sleep/Wake works vanilla in my HP 6000 / 6300 / 8300 / z800 / z220 / z400
I am using Nvidia GT 610 and 710 graphics cards.
Pentium / i3 / i5 / Xeon CPU's
It is when you install the Nullpowermanagement.kexts that you get problems.
Also I selected "Fix Shutdown" in Clover config.plist and many more other options.
Hibernate is not supported in OS X. Should be disabled in BIOS.
I mean hibernate as described by Apple in relation to pmset:

autopoweroff - Where supported, enabled per default as an implementation of Lot 6 to the European
Energy-related Products Directive. After sleeping for <autopoweroffdelay> minutes, the system will
write a hibernation image and go into a lower power chipset sleep. [...]

standby causes kernel power management to automatically hibernate a machine after it has slept for a
specified time period. This saves power while asleep. [...]

I did not install Nullpowermanagement.kexts, or select "Fix shutdown" in Clover - I just used the standard options in the (very helpful) tutorial in the first post.

Are you able to connect your front USB 2.0 ports to those headers to make sure they are working properly ?

the blocked out pins prevent them from being interchangeable.
bluetooth card plug on left; front panel on right.
DYPZfFf.jpg

Maybe @pastrychef will have some ideas on this. I've seen some with this problem fix it by making changes in their Clover config.plist. You might want to upload that so we can look it over. Have you tried your FV-T919 adapter in your X58 system to see if it works there ?

Last edited:
I used one of those headers for my BCM94360CS and it works fine. Double check that you can see it in System Information (aka System Profiler, System Report). Remember that it should appear in the USB section.

I used one of those headers for my BCM94360CS and it works fine. Double check that you can see it in System Information (aka System Profiler, System Report). Remember that it should appear in the USB section.

What should I be looking for?
under USB I see keyboard, mouse and 'Hub: BRCM20702 Hub' Broadcom Corp device, under which is 'composite device' listed as an Apple device

under Bluetooth I have nothing.

Under Network:Wifi I have 'Airport Extreme', Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0

The outside label of the chip does have "BCM94360CD" on it.

Last edited:
under USB I see keyboard, mouse and 'Hub: BRCM20702 Hub' Broadcom Corp device, under which is 'composite device' listed as an Apple device

You need to look for BRCM20702 Hub. Probably better to use ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

I had exactly the same problem with my 6300 and Sierra, Rehabman's USBInjectAll kext fixed it but only works on Media header, Media2 doesn't work. You may want to try.

Have a look at this video. Too bad he didn't get one with an i7-3770 and add a GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB VRAM! Even though Quinn calls it the 6300 Pro it is actually the 8300 Elite CMT. The install of macOS is the same on either version.

I would call it the Happytosh as opposed to the crapintosh as Quinn refers to it. You're happy to have saved so much money and extremely happy how well it performs for that small amount of cash !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back