Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am a Noob, and attempting to build my first hackintosh. I have built pc's before, but never a Hackintosh machine.
I recently purchased a HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT, with 16 GB RAM, Zotac Nvidia geforce GT 710,Samsung 500 SSD and a TP Link N900 Wifi Card.
I followed the detailed guide ( A Complete Ten Step macOS Sierra Guide for the HP 6300 Pro/8300 Elite) here and have configured the bios:
upgraded the BIOS to v03.04,
Restored Factory Defaults
Disabled the Serial Port
Secure Boot Disabled
Storage> SATA Emulation = AHCI
Video Option ROM >UEFI Only
Turbo = Enabled
Multi-Processor = Enabled
Hyperthreading = Enabled

When I boot up and hit F9, the UEFI USB drive and the SSD are not visable in UEFI Boot Resources.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hi everyone, I am a Noob, and attempting to build my first hackintosh. I have built pc's before, but never a Hackintosh machine.
I recently purchased a HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT, with 16 GB RAM, Zotac Nvidia geforce GT 710,Samsung 500 SSD and a TP Link N900 Wifi Card.
I followed the detailed guide ( A Complete Ten Step macOS Sierra Guide for the HP 6300 Pro/8300 Elite) here and have configured the bios:
Disabled the Serial Port
Secure Boot Disabled
Turbo = Enabled
Hyperthreading = Enabled

When I boot up and hit F9, the UEFI USB drive and the SSD are not visable in UEFI Boot Resources.
Thank you

The SSD should not be visible until you have installed macOS and MultiBeast. But the USB with macOS installer should appear. The only thing I can think of to try is different USB ports and different USB flash drive.

Disabled the Serial Port
Secure Boot Disabled
Turbo = Enabled
Hyperthreading = Enabled

Thank you
If you created the USB install flash drive correctly it will take you directly into macOS install.
You will not see the Clover boot loader until you have installed it on your SSD after you install macOS.
If this is not happening try rebuilding your flash drive according to tonymacx86 install guide.
With the latest Clover boot loader you should not need to make any modification to the clover boot loader to get macOS installed.
Your BIOS setting appear to be correct. It is you install flash drive that is not working. Also try using a USB 2.0 port.

I have a GeForce 1050 TI 4Gb and I run 3 monitors.
mine has DP, HDMI, and DVI I am using all three.
Works great!
Thanks for this, good news. What do you do for sound - do you use HDMI or DP for sound output via monitors?

Hi,

I can't boot from an USB 3 Ports on my 8300 CMT. Only booting from USB 2 Ports will work.

Edit: Sorry! Did not read the last page.

Greetings
Dennis

Thanks for this, good news. What do you do for sound - do you use HDMI or DP for sound output via monitors?

At first I used the HDMI output through the monitor, It works fine, but I didn't like the volume control on my monitor, it is on the back and a bit cumbersome.

I am using this USB audio dongle plugged an old set of speakers into it now I have an easily accessible volume control.The speakers have a headphone jack so I can use a set of headphones when doing online courses.

I've been running my 8300 CMT i7 on Sierra using the integrated HD4000 graphics since June. Now I'm ready to upgrade to High Sierra and also upgrade the graphics to an EVGA 750 Ti eBay special. Is there a particular order that would be best to do this? I.e. get 10.13 up and running before installing the GPU or vice versa?

I've been running my 8300 CMT i7 on Sierra using the integrated HD4000 graphics since June. Now I'm ready to upgrade to High Sierra and also upgrade the graphics to an EVGA 750 Ti eBay special. Is there a particular order that would be best to do this? I.e. get 10.13 up and running before installing the GPU or vice versa?

It would probably be easier to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.2 first. I believe the GTX 750 Ti works with Apple's built-in drivers so you don't have to use the Nvidia web drivers if you don't want to. That greatly simplifies the upgrade process.

Prior to upgrading, make sure you have the latest versions of whatever kexts you are currently using. Also, update Clover and add apfs.efi to your Clover partition as per the instructions here: macOS 10.13.2 Update | tonymacx86.com

Updating while using the HD4000 will be the easiest approach. The 750 Ti will need the web drivers so install those after you are running HS 10.13.2, while still using HD4000 graphics, shut down and then install the graphics card. These HPs automatically disable integrated graphics once the card is installed and you boot up again so no need to even change the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back