Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it seems the Video card was causing the issue, I re-enabled the onboard displayPort and removed the GTX 1050 Ti card.

it went past the stopping point.

I video recorded the repeating message and noticed that when playing it slowly a bit of information is revealed.
I have no idea what it means, but thought I would share a still of the part that repeats. stopping point.png

Does this answer the question?

I forgot to mention that if you have your kexts in /EFI/kexts/Other/, you don't need them in the other two locations.

it wasn't straight forward, but using the information in this post:macOS High Sierra: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 | tonymacx86.com I was able to complete the upgrade.

Basically I had to turn sip on using CSR 0X0, uninstall Nvidia drivers, reboot, reinstall. there may have been other steps, but this is what I think fixed the issue for me.

Pastrychef, Thank so much you for your help, this was very frustrating:crazy:. I would guess I put over 10 :banghead: hours into this update.
Very glad it is working!

How do I get the app store to stop trying to install Thunderbolt 1.2 update?
I do not have any thunderbolt adapters installed.

How do I get the app store to stop trying to install Thunderbolt 1.2 update?
I do not have any thunderbolt adapters installed.
Use the system definition of a Mac that does not have a Thunderbolt port.

Or, in Terminal :
Code:
softwareupdate --ignore TBdisplayFWUpdate1.2
softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

So after all of the gyrations, now I am having a bear of a time with getting imessages to work.
Might have to take a break to do some billable work.

I have been looking at that, it is long....

while working through the process, I noticed that my Ethernet card isn't working. Any suggestions?

Do you have the kext installed? IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back