Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 750 Ti is a Maxwell card and will need the Nvidia drivers. :thumbup:

Oops. You guys are right. It's Maxwell and Nvidia web drivers are needed.

My Elite 8300 had been out on loan for about the last two months, and I wasn't able to do the macOS 10.13.2 or Supplemental Update until today. Anyway, everything went smoothly and I didn't experience any problems.

Prior to updating, look in your EFI folder and /L/E/ to double check that all your hackintosh related kexts are up to date. Also, update Clover and apfs.efi (located in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.10.07 AM.png

Last edited:
Sadly, it didn't go so smoothly for me -- more like a rollercoaster that I'm still on. I think the initial High Sierra install was fine (at least it booted and I went through the setup), but then I immediately (and perhaps stupidly) went into the App Store and installed the supplemental update. Upon restart, I seemed to be in a crash/boot loop and spent a couple hours trying to figure that out. Then suddenly it booted fine and I thought I was an idiot because all those reboots were probably just part of the update process. But next time I restarted it went back to crashing and booting back to Clover. I haven't had a successful boot since then, even trying safe mode.

On top of that I had trouble making a new Unibeast USB drive (on a different mac) so I can boot that way. I'm trying that again now, so if it works I will go in and see if I can find/fix any problems. If not, I will probably just start from scratch. Not a big deal because the hackintosh is a secondary machine for me.

Sadly, it didn't go so smoothly for me -- more like a rollercoaster that I'm still on. I think the initial High Sierra install was fine (at least it booted and I went through the setup), but then I immediately (and perhaps stupidly) went into the App Store and installed the supplemental update. Upon restart, I seemed to be in a crash/boot loop and spent a couple hours trying to figure that out. Then suddenly it booted fine and I thought I was an idiot because all those reboots were probably just part of the update process. But next time I restarted it went back to crashing and booting back to Clover. I haven't had a successful boot since then, even trying safe mode.

On top of that I had trouble making a new Unibeast USB drive (on a different mac) so I can boot that way. I'm trying that again now, so if it works I will go in and see if I can find/fix any problems. If not, I will probably just start from scratch. Not a big deal because the hackintosh is a secondary machine for me.

When you say that it was crashing, what do you mean? Kernel panic? Did you try booting in verbose mode to see what's wrong?

I assume kernel panic. I would see the apple and progress bar for a few seconds, then screen would go black and restart.

I did try verbose mode. Here's a picture of where it stopped.

IMG_3479.JPG

Can you post your EFI folder so I can look at it?

I'm not sure I can get to the EFI folder until I can boot. Is there a way to mount the EFI partition from the recovery mode terminal?

I just tried to start in verbose mode a couple more times and here's where the kernel panic happened:IMG_3481.JPG

Try booting up using a UniBeast USB installer. Make sure that you select it from the boot menu when you first turn on your computer. That should help you get to your desktop (assuming your update finished).

I wasn't able to boot from UniBeast USB, so I did a full erase and install of 10.3.2 then the supplemental update. Everything is fine so far except built-in audio. Are you still using VoodooHDA 2.8.8? That's what I chose in MultiBeast but I get a "no VoodooHDA devices found" error in sound prefs. I don't remember if I was using 2.8.8 or 2.9 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back