Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't able to boot from UniBeast USB, so I did a full erase and install of 10.3.2 then the supplemental update. Everything is fine so far except built-in audio. Are you still using VoodooHDA 2.8.8? That's what I chose in MultiBeast but I get a "no VoodooHDA devices found" error in sound prefs. I don't remember if I was using 2.8.8 or 2.9 before.

Hi. I just switched to using AppleALC.kext using the directions posted here. It's much less hacky and working GREAT!!!

Did you do everything starting with "Create your DSDT"? Just that first step links to a post that's about ten pages of instructions. Not sure it's worth all that when I have other ways of getting sound. But tell me if it's simpler than that makes it look.

Creating a DSDT is NOT easy. If you've never looked in to it, it can be quite daunting.

Creating a DSDT is NOT easy.
DSDT files are common for all the same motherboards, so everyone with a 8300 SFF could use the same file, right? If so, maybe it could be uploaded here. :)

DSDT files are common for all the same motherboards, so everyone with a 8300 SFF could use the same file, right? If so, maybe it could be uploaded here. :)

No. DSDTs should not be shared. Here's a quote from RehabMan:
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.20.10 PM.png

Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Yeah, I think I'll pass on that for now. I was able to get decent sound back with VoodooHDA.kext 2.9.0v11+ AppleHDAdisabler.kext. For high quality audio I use a Firewire interface.

It's been a bit of a pain, but I've got my system fully up and running with High Sierra and GTX 750 Ti graphics now!

The old DSDT repository/database on this site had DSDTs for many of the Gigabyte and Asus motherboards. They had very minimal edits that would not create problems. "with minimal edits for CMOS reset (if necessary), UHCI/EHCI, IDE (SATA), PIC/TMR/HPET, SBUS, and HDEF."

I used one on my Z68 motherboard and it worked great. When you make the edits that pastrychef has it's a completely different scenario. So he is right that everyone needs to make their own DSDT edits on a DSDT extracted from their own PC. Just the way it is. Hackintoshers have to work much harder than Mac owners.

Updated to macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 via App Store without any problems.
Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 6.43.40 PM.png

Update:
Nvidia web drivers updated.
Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 10.08.07 PM.png

Last edited:
Just watching a potentially interesting development for these in terms of supported graphics. the upcoming 10.13.4 release adds support for more GPUs, and specifically of interest is the Radeon RX550. It looks to be the first Radeon card I can find which is reasonably priced and has no external power requirements ("A 50W ceiling exempts the RX 550 from needing an auxiliary power connector"), and is natively supported.

It looks to be full height, but that shouldn't be an issue for those of us with the tower.

Just watching a potentially interesting development for these in terms of supported graphics. the upcoming 10.13.4 release adds support for more GPUs, and specifically of interest is the Radeon RX550. It looks to be the first Radeon card I can find which is reasonably priced and has no external power requirements ("A 50W ceiling exempts the RX 550 from needing an auxiliary power connector"), and is natively supported.

It looks to be full height, but that shouldn't be an issue for those of us with the tower.

Yes. I'm also interested in the WX Pro 4100. Single slot, low profile. 50W TDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back