Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... i've never encountered this problem before...

Was your USB installer created using UniBeast? Have you tried spoofing Skylake CPU and HD530?
I'll give it a go this evening. Thank you for the input!

I created the USB stick using UniBeast, think it was 7.1.1

Hi. I think that as long as your USB ports are using AppleUSBXHCISPT, you should be fine. Everything else in your ssd-usb.aml seems fine.

View attachment 286886
As for your boot animation, check that in BIOS, you have your GPU set to primary or, at least, auto.

Still no Boot Animation and I believe right after the initial install of HS I had it then it was lost. Actually not sure if this is the reason why but I modified my clover config with the suggestions from the OP.

Can you have a quick look of my clover config.plist? I am particularly in question of the ACPI section drop tables and SSDT section with the ACPI menu if using Clover Configurator you will understand where I am referring to. Does it look like anything may need to be added or removed?

I updated to Clover 4268 from 4243 and noticed graphic glitches, have you noticed anything with the latest clover and graphics issues? I have the EVGA GTX 770 4gb and never had any issues from Yosemite all the way up to Sierra. I re-installed clover 4243 and the graphic glitches are gone.

There is also an ICH10 binary fix tried it and I get random reboots so I disabled it.

Sorry another question, are you using the "EFICheckDisabler.kext" by Rehabman, and if not what are you using to prevent or fake the EFI checker?

See Attached!

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5 KB · Views: 114
Still no Boot Animation and I believe right after the initial install of HS I had it then it was lost. Actually not sure if this is the reason why but I modified my clover config with the suggestions from the OP.

Can you have a quick look of my clover config.plist? I am particularly in question of the ACPI section drop tables and SSDT section with the ACPI menu if using Clover Configurator you will understand where I am referring to. Does it look like anything may need to be added or removed?

I updated to Clover 4268 from 4243 and noticed graphic glitches, have you noticed anything with the latest clover and graphics issues? I have the EVGA GTX 770 4gb and never had any issues from Yosemite all the way up to Sierra. I re-installed clover 4243 and the graphic glitches are gone.

There is also an ICH10 binary fix tried it and I get random reboots so I disabled it.

Sorry another question, are you using the "EFICheckDisabler.kext" by Rehabman, and if not what are you using to prevent or fake the EFI checker?

See Attached!

Thanks

I'm assuming this is for "Build 1" in your signature.

• If so, the ig-platform-id should be for Skylake's HD 530 which is 0x19120001. IntelGFX can be left blank.
  • Also, I noticed that you have added some Drop Tables. As far as I know, these are not needed for your motherboard.
  • Since you are running an i7-6700K, you should use iMac17,1 system definition and, in the SMBIOS section, you are missing a UUID and "Trust" should be checked.
  • In Kernel and Kexts Patches section, I have "KernelPM", "AppleRTC", "AppleIntelCPUPM" checked.

I'm assuming this is for "Build 1" in your signature.

• If so, the ig-platform-id should be for Skylake's HD 530 which is 0x19120001. IntelGFX can be left blank.
  • Also, I noticed that you have added some Drop Tables. As far as I know, these are not needed for your motherboard.
  • Since you are running an i7-6700K, you should use iMac17,1 system definition and, in the SMBIOS section, you are missing a UUID and "Trust" should be checked.
  • In Kernel and Kexts Patches section, I have "KernelPM", "AppleRTC", "AppleIntelCPUPM" checked.

I forgot to update my profile its the i7-7700K

I was curious as to why KernelPM and AICPUPM are ticked? We have option in our motherboard bios to disable CPU CFG lock and if unlocked I thought those options can be left alone?

So UUID will solve the EFI check issue and no need for EFICheckDisable.kext?

I am getting some reboots after PC rests for more than an hour and I was sure I ran that script in the OP, maybe I forgot to run it again when I updated to HS?

Edited:

It was set back to "1" for autopoweroff after the upgrade to HS so I fixed that.

CloverConfiurator did not generate one weird is there an App I can use to generate one or one from Multibeast?

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest, I don't fully know the functionality of KernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM. They were set from the first moment I got my system up on macOS by MultiBeast and I always just left it.

I never encountered any EFI check. I believe the best way to avoid it would be to use Clover Configurator to set your system definition. Newer versions of Clover Configurator will automatically provide updated "Bios version" and "Bios Release Date". I assumed that these would avoid whatever EFI updates macOS would want to do.

Having a UUID is important to getting iMessage working properly.

To be perfectly honest, I don't fully know the functionality of KernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM. They were set from the first moment I got my system up on macOS by MultiBeast and I always just left it.

I never encountered any EFI check. I believe the best way to avoid it would be to use Clover Configurator to set your system definition. Newer versions of Clover Configurator will automatically provide updated "Bios version" and "Bios Release Date". I assumed that these would avoid whatever EFI updates macOS would want to do.

Having a UUID is important to getting iMessage working properly.

I see most likely with Asus Motherboards that have CPU CFG lock disabled your good to go won't need those two ticked. I just grabbed the latest version of CC now will reset it. It should update the Bios version, Bios release date and board ID which are the ones that have to be correct for our devices to pass the EFI check. Removing the kext to see if its working now.

I re-installed clover 4268 and I am not having any more glitches with graphics maybe a Nvram issue?

I was never even aware of an EFIcheckdisable.kext. It was never an issue for me on any of my hacks.

I also never experienced any graphical glitches across all my systems with High Sierra. In those systems, I use Intel HD 5500 graphics, GTX 745, and GTX 1080. I've gone through all three revisions of the Nvidia web drivers on the two systems that have Nvidia graphics. The system with GTX 745 has native NVRAM and the system with GTX 1080 uses EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

If you are using iMac18,3, try removing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. That's what did it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back