Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I’ve really screwed my system, I think through a completely unnecessary Clover update for which I am cursing myself. Since then my install USB does get past a blank progress bar beneath the Apple logo.
I used verbose trying to boot from an external drive and a lot of lines filled the screen a few times. Where it stopped, it had completed a PCI configuration, did something with Airport Kexts and then crashed in a sequence where it was doing AppleUSBLegacy matching. The final line was: “mcache: 4 CPUs, 64bytes CPU C”

I used a still working Win 10 install to reformat the Sierra drive but I have a feeling the Sierra Clover EFI config is still in action and preventing the install USB and the basic system I have on a USB drive from booting. After a break, I’m going to remove the Sierra M.2 drive and see if I can do an install to a HDD.

I'm still on Clover r4243. I've never had a Clover updated bork my system like that...

If the boot drive you choose from BIOS does not have Clover, I don't see how it can still be affecting anything.

Very red face! Overnight trying to identify causes, I thought about CSM and checked it this morning. It was set to launch but give UEFI first priority. Turned it off and my install USB is working. I’m doing a reinstall because when I last tried to boot the build, verbose showed a number of failing kext loads.

Anyway, back in business.

All fine now. I want to say that any problems I have ever had with this build have been my own doing. It works every time -- I could almost do it in my sleep now. Hats of to Stork and Pastrychef. :thumbup:

A question: what does the pmset autopoweroff setting do?

A question: what does the pmset autopoweroff setting do?

It disables Auto Power Off. Without it, the computer turns itself off after a predetermined amount of time has elapsed.

thank you!

Hi.

Yes, 2202 was the last BIOS to support native NVRAM. If you are using a Skylake CPU, I would recommend sticking with 2202.

The only reason why I updated my BIOS was for better Kaby Lake CPU support.

I’m having some issues getting the 10.12.6 installer to run.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero / 3504 x64 bios
Internal gpu (for now)
Boot rags: dart=0 nv_disable=1

I’ve read some posts on the forums about alternative kext files, but I’m not sure if those fixed also apply for the installation.

I’m not new to MacOS and not afraid to use the command line, but am new to hackintoshes. Since I rely on a buddy to create/modify the installation stick I can’t just readily modify what I have right now. So some instructions on what needs to be changed is welcome.

keywords: gIOScreenLockState

Attachments

• 1AEDD8F1-DC8F-4106-A915-E6B72C5CF7EC.jpeg
    1AEDD8F1-DC8F-4106-A915-E6B72C5CF7EC.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hmm... i've never encountered this problem before...

Was your USB installer created using UniBeast? Have you tried spoofing Skylake CPU and HD530?

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.04.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.05.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.05.31 PM.png

@pastrychef , I was on festival holiday for past 6 days and came home yesterday and to my surprise once I started my PC everything was working except quick sync . No changes has been made as no one is at home . Also noticed that in Istatmenu Intel HD 630 is showing usage like frames .

I detailed how to get Quick Sync working on my system in post #1. The primary factor is to use the correct ig-platform-id.

I detailed how to get Quick Sync working on my system in post #1. The primary factor is to use the correct ig-platform-id.
Yes but the thing is it was working earlier as I have also provided screenshot after supplemental upgrade. I will check more into this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back