Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.

Yeah, I have it in Other. I know it's not recommended, but I have just about all my hackintosh related kexts in Other. That assures that I have full functionality if/when I boot in to the Restore partition.

Hi, pastrychef. This is my first build. I am running into a problem.

After I set up bios, the latest version (3504), when I reboot the computer to install the mac os, I pressed F8, then I see the boot drive selection, after I select the USB drive, I see a black screen with a cursor, it flashes several times, and load into bios setting again. What is wrong? Thanks for the help.

Here is my build:

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Gaming Motherboard

CPU
Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K (BX80677I77700K)

CPU cooler
Noctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm fans

memory
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GTZSW

GPU
Gigabyte GeForce GTX GV-N1080TTOC-8GD Video Graphics Cards

Power
Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-850GD 850W GOLD FULL MODULAR ATX12V & EPS12V 135mm FDB Fan Super Quiet Power Supply

PCI-e SSD
Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)

SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)

In BIOS, make sure to disable USB keyboard & mouse simulation in USB settings.

I double checked all BIOS settings, it should be right. including USB keyboard & mouse simulation
I can find all hardware in the BIOS settings.

Is this software problem? What I did to create the USB drive so far:

1. use mas to download macOS Sierra.
2. format USB drive to mac OS Extended.
3. download UniBeast-7.1.1, run it to install Sierra on USB
4. download MultiBeast-Sierra-Edition-9.2.1.zip, move the file into USB

Then I boot the system using this USB, and the installation program can not be loaded.

The procedure you used to create the USB installer seems fine. The only thing that can cause it to not load would be BIOS settings. Triple check and make sure you have it set correctly. Check that it is set to boot UEFI.

Hello, you saying that 18,3 not needed Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, but why i’ve got black screen without them? Maybe i’m doing something wrong?

Last edited:
iMac18,3 does not suffer from the "black screen" issue that iMac17,1 and MacPro6,1 does. I don't know why you get a black screen.

iMac18,3 does not suffer from the "black screen" issue that iMac17,1 and MacPro6,1 does. I don't know why you get a black screen.
Ok, sorry. I just thought you might have any suggestions.

I encountered a weird problem with my laptop. Safari and App Store were unable to connect to the internet. Searching the Apple Community forums, I found that the fix was to clear NVRAM. However, since [Command]+[Option}+P+R won't work on a hackintosh, we have to do it from Terminal.

Enter:
Code:
sudo nvram -c

I just wanted to share this info with those who are still on BIOS 2202 and are using native NVRAM support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back