Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

So I just did that. I think, I have a little problem with the ROM field, I basically grabbed my hackintosh network interface MAC address and typed it without the ':' chars inside, and after it booted successfully (hurray!) it has problems authenticating with iCloud related services. I still have the old clover plist around, what's the proper field I should use for ROM in OC plist and what's the format it expects?

Edit: I've also noticed my TimeMachine thinks this mac is a new one. What have I messed up? Is this the fact that OC is iMacPro1,1 and my Clover config was iMac18,3? Do I need to generate some new Serial Number or SmUUID or Board Serial Number? I think one of them was important for iMessages?
I've generated new serials and updated the OC plist with them. After the reboot I still can't sign into iMessages...

So I just did that. I think, I have a little problem with the ROM field, I basically grabbed my hackintosh network interface MAC address and typed it without the ':' chars inside, and after it booted successfully (hurray!) it has problems authenticating with iCloud related services. I still have the old clover plist around, what's the proper field I should use for ROM in OC plist and what's the format it expects?

Edit: I've also noticed my TimeMachine thinks this mac is a new one. What have I messed up? Is this the fact that OC is iMacPro1,1 and my Clover config was iMac18,3? Do I need to generate some new Serial Number or SmUUID or Board Serial Number? I think one of them was important for iMessages?

ROM should be your built-in ethernet MAC address.

I always generate new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID when I change system definitions.

Make sure all this info is entered in config.plist > PlatformInfo > Generic.

Hey. You have patches in the config (Devices - Properties ...)

What are these fixes for? I don't understand the Properties section, but I made a separate kext for USB ports on the recommendation of Slice and I know for sure that even voltage works there.

But here are your patches, I absolutely do not understand that they evaporate and I am afraid to make it only worse.

Hey. You have patches in the config (Devices - Properties ...)

What are these fixes for? I don't understand the Properties section, but I made a separate kext for USB ports on the recommendation of Slice and I know for sure that even voltage works there.

But here are your patches, I absolutely do not understand that they evaporate and I am afraid to make it only worse.

Since you took advice from Slice, I assume you are talking about the Clover EFI...

There are four patches in the config.plist. All four have comments explaining what they do. Of the four, only two are enabled.

Since you took advice from Slice, I assume you are talking about the Clover EFI...

There are four patches in the config.plist. All four have comments explaining what they do. Of the four, only two are enabled.
I mean it...
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 15.10.44.png

Hi Pastrychef :

I just updated from Clover 5122 to OC64. To do this I simply did this:

1. Kept my HDD as Clover for now until this all works. Kept 10.15.7 as the OS until this all works.
  2. Downloaded the latest OC64 EFI on page 1
  3. Formatted a USB stick, mounted EFI partition, and copied the exploded EFI folder there
  4. I know I'm booting from the USB stick because my boot menu has changed from what Clover showed, although there's no explicit OC64 branding that screams "You're booting via OpenCore". I used OC Configurator 2.2 to add, in both PlatformInfo/Generic, added my ROM (MAC), UUID (from Clover Config), and System Serial (from Clover Config) and MLB (from Clover Config); I think I got the numbers all copied over correctly; when I boot, I can get into Apple Messages and messages sent show as delivered.
  5. Boot attempt #1 worked fine, but with no BT.
  6. When I then added my old Bluetooth KEXTS to get my BT hardware to work (BCM4360 IIRC, but it's mounted on the motherboard after I removed the Asus Z370 ITX board's included wifi/BT chip) - AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRam3, BT4LEContinuitityFixup - I don't see bluetooth.

I haven't run any USB fixes or mappings. I assume that's the issue. Can I safely move my old usbports.kext over from my Clover setup to this setup?

Edit: Replacing the included USBPorts.kext with the old one from Clover's config worked great. BT is now working. :)

Last edited:
Back