Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

If you want to try that, go to config.plist > Boot and delete the boot argument, "-wegnoegpu". (without the quotes)
Thanks a million times! (One thing left, and that’s on me, finding a way to make my iSight camera work on Big Sur)
image.jpg

Thanks a million times! (One thing left, and that’s on me, finding a way to make my iSight camera work on Big Sur)
View attachment 501927

Just get a working Firewire card. The iSight should be plug-n-play. But, honestly, there are lots of much better webcams now. My Logitech is much better than my iSight...

Also, please see the following guide to fix your USB.

I've updated my Catalina machine Clover version to 5127, and it stopped booting with this visible on the screen when used single&verbose mode. Any clue how to fix this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    994.5 KB · Views: 36
I've updated my Catalina machine Clover version to 5127 and it stopped booting with this visible on the screen when used single&verbose mode. Any clue how to fix this problem?

Something is wrong with the Aptio memory fix you are using.

Something is wrong with the Aptio memory fix you are using.
What's that about? Is there a kext I should/shouldn't be using or that needs update? Some Clover config settings that I should adjust after updating Clover?

What's that about? Is there a kext I should/shouldn't be using or that needs update? Some Clover config settings that I should adjust after updating Clover?

Not a kext. A driver. Look in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

See which Aptio fix you are using.

Not a kext. A driver. Look in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

See which Aptio fix you are using.
You were right, for whatever reason Aptio diver wasn't there. I've copied it from the old EFI dir backup, but it didn't help. I've copied the entire EFI folder then and this made the machine to boot again, albeit on fairly old config (about 1 year old). Now, is it worth migrating to Open Core setup? Is it hard? Is there a guide available how to migrate this particular hackintosh to OC?

And how is OC working with Big Sur, is it stable and operational?

You were right, for whatever reason Aptio diver wasn't there. I've copied it from the old EFI dir backup, but it didn't help. I've copied the entire EFI folder then and this made the machine to boot again, albeit on fairly old config (about 1 year old). Now, is it worth migrating to Open Core setup? Is it hard? Is there a guide available how to migrate this particular hackintosh to OC?

And how is OC working with Big Sur, is it stable and operational?

The latest versions of OpenCore and Clover can both work with Big Sur. I don't know which is "better"...

I don't now of any guide to switching from Clover to OpenCore. I don't think one can be made, you essentially have to construct a completely different config.plist.

If I were you, I'd just download the latest Clover and OpenCore EFIs from post #1 and analyze then adapt it to my own use.

The latest versions of OpenCore and Clover can both work with Big Sur. I don't know which is "better"...

I don't now of any guide to switching from Clover to OpenCore. I don't think one can be made, you essentially have to construct a completely different config.plist.

If I were you, I'd just download the latest Clover and OpenCore EFIs from post #1 and analyze then adapt it to my own use.
So I just did that. I think, I have a little problem with the ROM field, I basically grabbed my hackintosh network interface MAC address and typed it without the ':' chars inside, and after it booted successfully (hurray!) it has problems authenticating with iCloud related services. I still have the old clover plist around, what's the proper field I should use for ROM in OC plist and what's the format it expects?

Edit: I've also noticed my TimeMachine thinks this mac is a new one. What have I messed up? Is this the fact that OC is iMacPro1,1 and my Clover config was iMac18,3? Do I need to generate some new Serial Number or SmUUID or Board Serial Number? I think one of them was important for iMessages?

Last edited:
Back