Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

But is any malfunctioning needed before using it or you just drop it in the ACPI folder?
I haven't seen it in your folder distro. Is there a preferred place to gather it?
Thanks a lot!!

The one prerequisite is that MSR is unlocked.

All info can be found in my Z390 build thread, including EFIs containing the SSDT. Link is below in my signature.

That driver is included with the mainline OpenCore package... I'll test without it.

Update:
I just remembered. If you look in config.plist, that driver is not enabled.

Thanks I hadn't looked in the .plist yet.

Just had my gfx card and NVMe delivered, only to realize I can't find all the cables for my RM650x power supply so don't have the PCIe power cables grrr. Looked everywhere and can't find that damn bag of cables.

UPDATE: OK, I found the cable but I've messed up something somewhere. I have a High Sierra boot USB that I used before. But disk utility isn't seeing my 970 EVO NVMe drive that I've installed. Is there anything I need to do to make that visible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything I need to do to make that visible?

No.

If you have a 970 EVO Plus, it may need a firmware update before it will work with macOS. The non-"Plus" 970 EVO works OOB.

I bought a 970 EVO not the Plus. But not showing up in the list in Dsk Utility to format, but is showing in the BIOS :S

Make sure you "Show All Devices" in Disk Utility.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.40.15 AM.png

Other than that, I can't think of anything that prevents it from showing up.

It's up to you how you configure USB. Yes, it's possible to have all the ports on the rear and the USB3 ports from the motherboard header enabled.

The non-Wi-Fi AC version is not a problem.

I like to use Apple made BCM94360CS2 cards either on a PCI-e adaptor or on an M.2 adaptor. These are natively supported by macOS so there's no configuring required.

Hi Pastry

Quick question. As this motherboard has 2x M.2 slots, can I use one for my Main Hackintosh Boot drive (I'm thinking a 970 EVO) and the other for the BCM94360CS2 card? Do you mind pointing me to an adaptor so the BCM94360CS2 can fit in an M.2 slot?

Lastly, can I use the BCM94360CS2 card in an M.2 adaptor, but only use it for Bluetooth, and use a normal ethernet connection for the internet? If I do this, will Handoff, iMessage etc still work via ethernet?

OK, this may not be specific to this Golden Build setup, but could I ask if you have Catalina working @pastrychef?

I did indeed need to format the NVMe via Windows, and then I now have High Sierra running again. I'm using the latest rEFI you have here, and the Vega 56 is working fine. Now I have a screen on the inbuilt DP port of the MB and one on the Vega56 I can see everything going on. What I'm finding when I try to update to Catalina is the installer runs, and then the machine reboots to the Install Preboot image ( forget the exact name now ) and then it shows a screen on the internal graphics which has a row of ++++++++++++ and an Apple symbol and nothing else. It just sits there and doesn't do anything else at all. It doesn't display the list of start/end lines before the +++++ line.

What can I do to diagnose?

Back