Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I appreciate your effort to keep this community alive and to help the less well learned, but....
are you sure of what you say? I ask this though, though you still use SSDT to implement the USB ports in completing a kext file ... do not rush to answer but just think more deeply to affirmations ... whatever you say, you were helped by another user to create a SSDT, what tells me that you do not know what it is and how it is used, but still you say it is a silly cosmetic .... I, one, after such an affirmation, probably answer only: "maybe it is useful but I do not know how to use that "...
to another user's observation that you are using an old version of the Clover you have had an ambiguous and strange response and you have not even tried to suggest it could be a problem .... or is it not? :) ...
in my opinion, must be more reserved with such statements...
not more comments ... :)

I appreciate your effort to keep this community alive and to help the less well learned, but....
are you sure of what you say? I ask this though, though you still use ssdt to implement the usb ports in completing a kext file ... do not rush to answer but just think more deeply to affirmations ... whatever you say, you were helped by another user to create a ssdt, what tells me that you do not know what it is and how it is used, but still you say it is a silly cosmetic .... I, one, after such an affirmation, probably answer only: "maybe it is useful but I do not know how to use that "...
to another user's observation that you are using an old version of the clover you have had an ambiguous and strange response and you have not even tried to suggest it could be a problem .... or is it not? :) ...

not more comments ... :)

I was talking about populating the PCI section of System Information, not SSDT for USB. SSDT for USB is entirely different and serves a real purpose. Two entirely different things.
Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 9.21.39 AM.png

When I looked at the aml files, they really just tell system information what is connected to where. I don't see any practical use for this since all the devices were working prior to this. The most practical aspect of it for me was just to learn.

You are welcome to implement this if you like. I don't see it helping performance, compatibility, or stability. If populating System Information were essential, I would think that there would be at least one guide on the site...

It's up to you whether you believe my opinion or not. Use whatever you feel will make your system work best.

When the guy said I had an old version of Clover posted, I said he was right and I fixed it. Don't know what you mean.

@pastrychef,
the kext you linked doesn't fix fan of my Vega 56 Pulse.
Now I injected all the power tables presents in my windows reg but either doesn't solve my issue.
Playing a Video with IINA slow my fans.
In Windows ,all is working correctly, injecting the same properties & PowerPlay tables on macOS doesn't fix fans.
I don't understand.
What you would suggest me?

Attachments

• VegaTab_56.kext.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 68
@pastrychef,
the kext you linked doesn't fix fan of my Vega 56 Pulse.
Now I injected all the power tables presents in my windows reg but either doesn't solve my issue.
Playing a Video with IINA slow my fans.
In Windows ,all is working correctly, injecting the same properties & PowerPlay tables on macOS doesn't fix fans.
I don't understand.
What you would suggest me?

My guess is that it's not helping with your fans because your video card is not using a reference style cooler. It is using a custom cooler with multiple fans.

I don't know of a fix for Vegas with custom coolers.

I think someone said that the latest public beta of Mojave fixed Vega fans. I have not confirmed.

Yea good point. I will try this kext for some time. BTW I made a mistake that the kexts I upload last time had max TDP set to 80%. I will attach one below with Max TDP set to 150%.

I have had trouble using the tool to create the kexts. I would be grateful if you would be willing to make a revised Vega 64 kext, too?

@pastrychef could you please show me your: log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
I'm trying to sort out some issues as I keep getting:
"(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GFX0 PEG1 GFX0 PEG2 GFX0 PXSX RP10 PXSX RP11 PXSX RP12 PXSX RP13 PXSX PXSX RP02 PXSX RP04 PXSX PXSX RP06 PXSX PXSX RP08 PXSX P"

I believe I only noticed this after updating to the special "17G2112" build, I'm not entirely sure.

Also do you still use "Wake for Network Access" enabled? And do you still use both the i219 and the 10Gbe?

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post earlier...

Anyway, yes, I'm pretty sure I sometimes get that too. I think it's related to USB. I never bothered to dig deeper because my system general sleeps/wakes fine.

Yes, I still have Wake for Network Access enabled. I need it on because I sometimes VNC to my computer.

Yes, I'm still using both i219 and 10GBase-T. I primarily use the 10GBase-T to access my NAS and the i219 for pretty much everything else.

Last edited:
the question was different .... you know too well that the bios differences make a system to work correctly or not ... how well do you know about simbios 19.1 without which vega is not usable in programs like fcpx...and how a lot of anomalies have been resolved in 13.6 or in mojave beta 5 ...
I did not ask in vain, I noticed that you are involved in a lot and you read a lot about os x implementation and thought you had a pertinent answer ... or that you found out something more and an older bios work better ... but I noticed that you were using the 4428 version clover .... and then the answer was obvious ...

I don't know what iMac19,1 is. As far as I know, Apple never sold such a computer. I have never used 19,1.

Hi Pastrychef,

Today I tried to plug my microphone to the audio In in MB and I've found that microphone is not working.
What should I do to use the microphone from my headphones?

I don't know what iMac19,1 is. As far as I know, Apple never sold such a computer. I have never used 19,1.

I have seen some information floating around about this however it is only some parts of an SM and you have to manually change them. Part of it was what clover populated for 18,3 but mannually changed a few of the fields. I never messed with it though this is where I read it:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-rx-vega-final-cut-h-264-fix.233067/

First post

Back