Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

This is interesting. There is no iMac 19.x.

Reference: everymac.com

Yea I am not sure where that guy found those numbers or if they do actually work or not. I use Mac Pro 6,1 and I find it with my system and for what I use it for to be the most stable.

Hi Pastrychef,

Today I tried to plug my microphone to the audio In in MB and I've found that microphone is not working.
What should I do to use the microphone from my headphones?

I don't own a mic, but I found a mini plug male to mini plug male cable. I plugged one end of the cable to the front headphone jack and the other end to the front Line In jack. From the Sound preference pane of System Preferences, I saw activity in the Input level so I assumed it's working...

The rear audio in jack has never worked for me.

IMG_2578.jpg

Attachments

• Line In working.zip
    810.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I have seen some information floating around about this however it is only some parts of an SM and you have to manually change them. Part of it was what clover populated for 18,3 but mannually changed a few of the fields. I never messed with it though this is where I read it:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-rx-vega-final-cut-h-264-fix.233067/

First post

I've seen that post too but have no idea where he came up with the idea to try a nonexistent Mac model...

I've never tried using that system definition in part because I use Messages A LOT and the last thing I need is to have my account frozen/suspended/banned for having a nonexistent Mac in my list of devices under iCloud.

Last edited:
I've never tried using that system definition in part because I use Messages A LOT and the last thing I need is to have my account frozen/suspended/banned for having a nonexistent Mac in my list of devices under iCloud.

Yea that would not be good to have any of those actions taken against my account, and I use message a huge amount. Next to Revit, messages might be the next most used program.

I don't own a mic, but I found a mini plug male to mini plug male cable. I plugged one end of the cable to the front headphone jack and the other end to the front Line In jack. From the Sound preference pane of System Preferences, I saw activity in the Input level so I assumed it's working...

The rear audio in jack has never worked for me.

View attachment 345179

I'm also using the front panel audio output and input, but I do not see any activity for input.
Since it works for you I assume it is an issue with my beats solo from Apple. I got the splitter cable to input and output jacks but input is not working.
I will try something later.

Thanks!

Update: See the activity when I plug the jack in. Definitely headphones issue.

I'm also using the front panel audio output and input, but I do not see any activity for input.
Since it works for you I assume it is an issue with my beats solo from Apple. I got the splitter cable to input and output jacks but input is not working.
I will try something later.

Thanks!

Update: See the activity when I plug the jack in. Definitely headphones issue.

Try checking to make sure that the cable that leads from the Line In jack to the motherboard is plugged in correctly.

Try checking to make sure that the cable that leads from the Line In jack to the motherboard is plugged in correctly.
I'm pretty sure that there is only one way how to plug it.
But I will double check.

AppleHDA is part of macOS.

The link you have is for ALC269. the Z370-G has ALC1220A.
Well, it is good that I didn't decide to replace it or put It to EFI folder lol.

May I ask you to take a look on the changes that these guys did, maybe it will be easy to implement them to your build?

Back