Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I posted it but I had the source material link in it. Should I rewrite it without that link?

Note: This assumes you're using a iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS; if you're not, typically this wouldn't be (as) required, and/or you would want to change the -b BoardID to what PC shows in the next message...

Download ssdtprgen for coffee lake

Unzip and copy the files to ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

Under ssdtprgen/Data folder, open user defined.cfg file and add your cpu details below the text gUserDefinedCPUList=(
Example:
i5-9600K,95,800,3700,4600,6,6
Example:
i7-8700,95,800,3200,4600,6,12
** Note we're leaving off the last two datasets defined in the .cfg file template **
** Note2: On second look of the \data folder, I see there's already a coffee lake.cfg file, and there's already an i7-8700 (and other Coffee Lake) CPU in there. So it's quite likely this step immediately above isn't required, but I leave it in because that's what I used. **

Go to ssdtprgen folder and run the command
** Note: For all MacOS commands you download, you have to permit/bless/allow them to run. Either run them ahead-of-time, or watch when your script fails and manually right-click open those files to permit them to run on your Mac, THEN run the scripts again **

./ssdtprgen.sh -board-id Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

It will generate dsl and aml. Download cpufriend extract and run the command
CPUFriend: https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend

./ResourceConverter.sh --kext <drag the aml file generated above here>

cpufrienddataprovider kext will be created

Include cpufriend kext and cpufrienddataprovider kext in your bootloader
______

The end result: I think I am seeing lower wattage in IPG, and less fan noise, and lower total wattage in my UPS (which shows wattage of the system). More testing is needed to see if others experience similar results. I next plan to try with the H310 M A 2.0 + i5-9400 setup.

Last edited:
Download ssdtprgen for coffee lake

Unzip and copy the files to ~/Library/ssdtPRGen

Under ssdtprgen/Data folder, open user defined.cfg file and add your cpu details below the text gUserDefinedCPUList=(
Example:
i5-9600K,95,800,3700,4600,6,6
Example:
i7-8700,95,800,3200,4600,6,12
** Note we're leaving off the last two datasets defined in the .cfg file template **

Go to ssdtprgen folder and run the command
** Note: For all MacOS commands you download, you have to permit/bless/allow them to run. Either run them ahead-of-time, or watch when your script fails and manually right-click open those files to permit them to run on your Mac, THEN run the scripts again **

./ssdtprgen.sh -board-id Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

It will generate dsl and aml. Download cpufriend extract and run the command
CPUFriend: https://github.com/acidanthera/CPUFriend

./ResourceConverter.sh --kext <drag the aml file generated above here>

cpufrienddataprovider kext will be created

Include cpufriend kext and cpufrienddataprovider kext in your bootloader
______

The end result: I think I am seeing lower wattage in IPG, and less fan noise, and lower total wattage in my UPS (which shows wattage of the system). More testing is needed to see if others experience similar results. I next place to try with the H310 M A 2.0 + i5-9400 setup.

Here are the identifiers for those who are using iMac system definitions:

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 2.32.38 PM.png

Source:https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/smbios-support.html#imac

PC: The idea, though, is that all of that work should _not_ be required for a normal iMac SMBIOS. The cpufriendfriend process is supposed to work (I can't say either way....) for those with iMac SMBIOS. It doesn't work (it appears...) for iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, hence the need for all the extra work (posted above).

PC: The idea, though, is that all of that work should _not_ be required for a normal iMac SMBIOS. The cpufriendfriend process is supposed to work (I can't say either way....) for those with iMac SMBIOS. It doesn't work (it appears...) for iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, hence the need for all the extra work (posted above).

So your clock speeds go down to 800MHz now?

Oh, and if anyone's curious, BIOS 3005 (latest, from 9/2021) works fine.

In IPG, wattage seems to be lower (11W, 6W, 11W, 9W, jumps to 40W, down to 9W, etc.).

The Frequency (Core Avg) is still 4.3. Core Min jumps all around; now at 1.2, was 1.9, I've seen .8.

Temp ranges from 42 to 60; during a GeekBench it hit 90 for a second.

Update: Got my new Fenvi card, but still not working out of the box.
So, I'm back to troubleshooting, something ain't right.

I'm on an Asus Z370-G, Coffee Lake CPU with the Fenvi FV-HB1200 bluetooth card.
Running Opencore 0.8.7 and Ventura 13.1 using the recommended iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.
As for my EFI, I basically just copy&pasted pastrychefs and edited the serial numbers. That worked fine for me.
I assume, my USB map is fine too, since we have the same motherboard.

But here is where it gets weird:
System information always displays chipset: BCM_4350C2. Listed under USB Device tree as "Bluetooth Radio: Asus/Realtek", which i think, is my onboard bluetooth. (When disabling onboard BT, nothing shows up here)
Port HS07 is declared as internal in hackintool, shows the same "Bluetooth Radio" device.

What am I missing? Problem with the USB mapping? Change SMBIOS to something else?

@atl285 Should I try your SMBIOS?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.41.35.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.41.35.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.41.46.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.41.46.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.42.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.42.17.png
    812.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.52.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.52.08.png
    812.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.52.19.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 22.52.19.png
    720.5 KB · Views: 27
Update: Got my new Fenvi card, but still not working out of the box.
So, I'm back to troubleshooting, something ain't right.

I'm on an Asus Z370-G, Coffee Lake CPU with the Fenvi FV-HB1200 bluetooth card.
Running Opencore 0.8.7 and Ventura 13.1 using the recommended iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.
As for my EFI, I basically just copy&pasted pastrychefs and edited the serial numbers. That worked fine for me.
I assume, my USB map is fine too, since we have the same motherboard.

But here is where it gets weird:
System information always displays chipset: BCM_4350C2. Listed under USB Device tree as "Bluetooth Radio: Asus/Realtek", which i think, is my onboard bluetooth. (When disabling onboard BT, nothing shows up here)
Port HS07 is declared as internal in hackintool, shows the same "Bluetooth Radio" device.

What am I missing? Problem with the USB mapping? Change SMBIOS to something else?

@atl285 Should I try your SMBIOS?

The default USB port config in the EFI folders on post #1 are set to use the M.2 slot where your Realtek card is. This is because I replaced the stock card that shipped with the Asus motherboard with an Apple made BCM94360CS2.

Since you are using a PCI-e card and connecting the Bluetooth to one of the motherboard USB ports, you will have to remap the USB. Disable the USB port associated with your Realtek card and set the USB port where your Fenvi Bluetooth is connected to "internal" (aka 255).

Back