Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I have never used the BrcmPatchRAM kexts on this build. Not sure if that might be the cause with your wake from keyboard issue... With the BCM94360CS2 card connected to the motherboard M.2, sleep/wake works perfectly.

Try setting the USB port where you have Bluetooth adaptor connect to type 255 in your USB config.
I have the PCI-E version of the BCM94360CS2 card in use. My M.2 slots are both used for delicious 1TB drives. You are probably right about the connector types – wake from different USB slot works fine via Keyboard now.

I don't recall anything freezing before shutdown...
I will keep an eye on this. Is mostly a cosmetic issue, and I'll die happily even if it's never resolved.

Is there any info on the hotkeys (F1+F2) not working for brightness control settings? Is that because of the external display?

Edit: Another issue occurred. Bluetooth is working fine, but my AirPods Pro 2 somehow don't connect to my Hackintosh. Will look into this more …

Thank you very much for all this, again! :)

Last edited:
I have the PCI-E version of the BCM94360CS2 card in use. My M2 slots are both used for delicious 1TB drives. You are probably right about the connector types – wake from different USB slot works fine via Keyboard now.

Will keep an eye on this. Is mostly a cosmetic issue and I'll die happily even if it's never resolved.

Is there any info on the hotkeys (F1+F2) not working for brightness control settings? Is that because of the external display?

Edit: Another issue occurred. Bluetooth is working fine, but my Airpods Pro 2 somehow don't connect to my Hackintosh. Will look into this more …

Thank you very much for all this, again! :)

I think brightness control from function keys is only available on Mac laptops. I don't have any brightness control from the keyboard on my Mac Studio.

I think brightness control from function keys is only available on Mac laptops.
There is an app (with a free trial) I've only used it minimally. The brightness control works ok.
  • Change the display's brightness, volume and colors via software and hardware (DDC) control via sliders and native or custom keyboard shortcuts!
The paid "Pro" version unlocks all the features.

This app will do the same thing. Just doesn't have a lot of other features.

Last edited:
OK, only thing that's left to fix is Bluetooth with BCM94360CS2 PCI-e card and macOS Ventura.
OOTB pastrychef EFI doesn't let me turn on Bluetooth, no functionality.
With the BlueToolFixup and the other two kexts I get very limited functinality. Airdrop works one way, can't connect any Bluetooth Speakers or Airpods Pro.

Thinking about getting another Bluetooth card/USB dongle that works with my build.

This app will do the same thing. Just doesn't have a lot of other features.
this works great, thank you!!

Attachments

• BlueToolFixup.png
    BlueToolFixup.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Pastrychef EFI Bluetooth.png
    Pastrychef EFI Bluetooth.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 14.23.44.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 14.23.44.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 14.23.55.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 14.23.55.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OK, only thing that's left to fix is Bluetooth with BCM94360CS2 PCI-e card and macOS Ventura.
OOTB pastrychef EFI doesn't let me turn on Bluetooth, no functionality.
With the BlueToolFixup and the other two kexts I get very limited functinality. Airdrop works one way, can't connect any Bluetooth Speakers or Airpods Pro.

Thinking about getting another Bluetooth card/USB dongle that works with my build.

this works great, thank you!!

Hmm... Weird... BCM94360CS2 should work OOTB...

To be clear, this is a BCM94360CS2 and does not require any additional kexts:
s-l640.jpg

This is a BCM943602CS and does require BlueToolFixup:
s-l1600.jpg

That being said, I only have BlueToolFixup installed on my laptop and have not used it much at all... I just tested AirDrop and, like you, it only works in one direction. From iPhone to my laptop works fine. From my laptop to iPhone does not work. I never looked in to the cause or a fix.

To be clear, this is a BCM94360CS2 and does not require any additional kexts:
I'm certain, it the …CS2 and Bluetooth doesn't work OOTB with your EFI. This is my card: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21 (except mine had 3 antennas).
Edit: I'm an idiot. I'm on a BCM943602CS. I'll write a new posting.

Worked previously on my Clover build. The card is installed in a PCI-e X1 slot, cable is connected to the USB1112 connector on the Motherboard. Shows up in Hackintool as "Bluetooth Radio", which I find odd.

Found another thread with someone struggling with that Fenvi 1200 card, maybe I'll try his method:

Last edited:
I'm back to where I was before. Bluetooth barely working on my BCM943602CS (not CS2, woopsie).
No audio devices, stuttering bluetooth mouse cursor and airdrop working one way, to my hack.

Will update my OS to 13.1 and then contemplate buying a new WiFi/Bluetooth card as I can't find any other fixes. Or maybe just a little USB adaptor for Bluetooth?

I'm back to where I was before. Bluetooth barely working on my BCM943602CS (not CS2, woopsie).
No audio devices, stuttering bluetooth mouse cursor and airdrop working one way, to my hack.

Will update my OS to 13.1 and then contemplate buying a new WiFi/Bluetooth card as I can't find any other fixes. Or maybe just a little USB adaptor for Bluetooth?

From reports I've read, the Fenvi cards work OOTB... I had a Fenvi BCM94360NG card which worked, but had Wi-Fi speed issues where it could only achieve ~400Mbps where Apple Wi-Fi cards were able to do over 800Mbps.

On my laptop, Wi-Fi speed is much more important to me than Bluetooth, which I don't really use, so I went back to my Dell DW1560 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

On my old desktop hackintoshes, Bluetooth was more important to me than Wi-Fi because I use Bluetooth mice and trackpads and Ethernet. On these, I used BCM94360CS2.

This is a BCM943602CS and does require BlueToolFixup
I've such a BCM943602CS working in my Power Mac G4 build, which is running macOS 12.6.2 and without BlueToolFixup. Bluetooth and Airdrop works without any problems. I'm also able to send pictures via Airdrop to my iPhone 12 and also back from iPhone to the Power Mac G4 build. On my Power Mac G5 build with this card I had problems with Bluetooth, like:
stuttering bluetooth mouse cursor
The Bluetooth interferes with the 2.4GHz WiFi. If I had switched off WiFi or had connected to a 5GHz WiFi the Bluetooth (Magic) Mouse worked like a charm. I read, that the BCM943602CS Bluetooth shares one or more of the 3 connectores with WiFi. And BCM93460CD (4 connectors) uses 3 connectors for WiFi and 1 exclusively for Bluetooth, so I switched for the Power Mac G5 build to the BCM93460CD card.

I've such a BCM943602CS working in my Power Mac G4 build, which is running macOS 12.6.2 and without BlueToolFixup. Bluetooth and Airdrop works without any problems. I'm also able to send pictures via Airdrop to my iPhone 12 and also back from iPhone to the Power Mac G4 build. On my Power Mac G5 build with this card I had problems with Bluetooth, like:

The Bluetooth interferes with the 2.4GHz WiFi. If I had switched off WiFi or had connected to a 5GHz WiFi the Bluetooth (Magic) Mouse worked like a charm. I read, that the BCM943602CS Bluetooth shares one or more of the 3 connectores with WiFi. And BCM93460CD (4 connectors) uses 3 connectors for WiFi and 1 exclusively for Bluetooth, so I switched for the Power Mac G5 build to the BCM93460CD card.

What version of macOS are you running?

Back