Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey Chef!

By some reason I've started to have issues with my hack, I was wondering if you or others here might have a clue where to dig. I'm using OpenCore, macOS 12.5, RTX380 with -wegnoegpu flag. I have Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 for WiFi and BT, but WiFi is switched off because of frequent wake-ups.
I haven't made any changes to my setup and haven't done anything to EFI folder, but my hack started to reboot on wake-up every other day. Usually, when I wake it by keyboard, it acts as normal,. But approximately once in two days it wakes by itself at around midnight and reboots.

Two other symptoms have developed as well:
1) On a boot screen I get an instant message:
OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44 0000000000000000 0 (0)
2) When hack goes to sleep, it switches graphics to eGPU and repeats whatever I see at the boot screen, which is "ocs no schema for legacyenable at 2 index, context (NVRAM)!" But that doesn't effect the wake-up, it wakes just as normal.

Is your USB properly mapped?
Do you have the current OC88 EFI in place?

Hey Chef!

By some reason I've started to have issues with my hack, I was wondering if you or others here might have a clue where to dig. I'm using OpenCore, macOS 12.5, RTX380 with -wegnoegpu flag. I have Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 for WiFi and BT, but WiFi is switched off because of frequent wake-ups.
I haven't made any changes to my setup and haven't done anything to EFI folder, but my hack started to reboot on wake-up every other day. Usually, when I wake it by keyboard, it acts as normal,. But approximately once in two days it wakes by itself at around midnight and reboots.

Two other symptoms have developed as well:
1) On a boot screen I get an instant message:
OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44 0000000000000000 0 (0)
2) When hack goes to sleep, it switches graphics to eGPU and repeats whatever I see at the boot screen, which is "ocs no schema for legacyenable at 2 index, context (NVRAM)!" But that doesn't effect the wake-up, it wakes just as normal.

Make sure you are not using an old config.plist with new version of OpenCore. If you are using the EFI from post #1, download the latest, then copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID to the included config.plist.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Is your USB properly mapped?
Do you have the current OC88 EFI in place?
Hey, yes - USB properly mapped. I've used EFI folder from this post, and everything was working perfectly fine for quite a while.

Make sure you are not using an old config.plist with new version of OpenCore. If you are using the EFI from post #1, download the latest, then copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID to the included config.plist.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
Will do! Thanks for the suggestions!

Maybe you can help me. I am trying to do a fresh install of Ventura, but I am not able to choose a different boot partition at startup. Have any of you had this problem? I just can't switch between boot options. I even tried to connect the keyboard by cable, even though it used to work with WiFi. I have CSM disabled, but also tried to enable it. The keyboard should work, because I can access BIOS without any problems.

Maybe because I disabled OpenUsbKbDxe.efi? See Post #12,721 EDIT: I just tried and reenabled it, no change.

I use the latest EFI from this thread, the only thing I added in NVRAM is " -agdpmod=pikera" because otherwise my screen stays black...

EDIT: I figured it out myself:

Under UEFI -> AppleInput, I changed AppleEvent from “auto” to "Builtin"

Last edited:
Rabbit-scaled.jpg

13.2 works fine with an essentially similar EFI with .88, Z370-I, 5700, etc.

Back