Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

After you wake from sleep, open System Preferences > Displays and see if it detects two monitors.
Yep, it shows the monitor and in keeps switching on and off with black screen. After i am setting new resoltion to widescreen, it comes back. Really bizarre.

Yep, it shows the monitor and in keeps switching on and off with black screen. After i am setting new resoltion to widescreen, it comes back. Really bizarre.

Also try lowering refresh rate to see if it helps.

At Recovery, try reinstalling on top of your existing system drive.
I reinstalled several times using recovery. It seems that it will boot, with the boot line starting across the screen, then the line and the Apple get larger , and sometimes the line actually completes, but then reboots back to the recovery screen.

At one time, the OpenCore boot picker actually showed 5 lines: macOS installer, Recovery 11.3,Untitled Data, Recovery 11.3, and Reset NVRAM.
Thanks

I reinstalled several times using recovery. It seems that it will boot, with the boot line starting across the screen, then the line and the Apple get larger , and sometimes the line actually completes, but then reboots back to the recovery screen.

At one time, the OpenCore boot picker actually showed 5 lines: macOS installer, Recovery 11.3,Untitled Data, Recovery 11.3, and Reset NVRAM.
Thanks

Five lines? It's not showing you the graphical boot picker? It should look something like...
1636893019_OpenCorePartitionPicker.jpg.8401f3bf38ff829f4a9fe7f00e432cd4.jpg

When you see that, select the macOS Installer.

I don't get that boot picker...only at the top left corner of the screen. Maybe my setup isn't so great after all?

Is this on your AsRock Z370M-ITX/ac?

Please post your EFI.

Yes, it is my AsRock Z370M-ITX/ac

Try deleting everything in config.plist > Devices > Properties > Add.
Set config.plist > Misc > Boot > PickerMode to External.

Back