Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It's normal for Handoff to show preventidlesleep. It won't prevent sleep unless something is wrong.

You can also disable Handoff to test sleep.
Thank you. Will find out when I return to the machine.

I got it to boot into the Unibeast Installer. What should I do next?

You don't need the installer unless you want to do a clean install.

Just boot from the USB flash drive and at the Clover boot menu, select your main macOS drive.

I got it to boot into the Unibeast Installer. What should I do next?
In the Clover Boot Menu, choose your HD with your MacOS. See if you can boot that way. If so then access your efi through Clover Configurator then access your config.plist.

In the Clover Boot Menu, choose your HD with your MacOS. See if you can boot that way. If so then access your efi through Clover Configurator then access your config.plist.

I am currently unable to boot by selecting my main drive from the Clover Boot Menu. One thing that I can do is change the boot flags from the clover boot menu. I listed all of my current boot flags in a previous post.

Here are my verbose pictures:

IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG
IMG_4894.JPG
IMG_7119.JPG
IMG_8037.JPG

The last screen that I posted a photo of keeps repeating and the system doesn't boot up.

Nevermind, I tried everything and have given up. I’m just going to return my 1050Ti and buy something like a 560 or a 570. Nvidia cards are just too annoying to setup even after installing the drivers.

I just updated to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 via App Store. Everything went smooth and the Vega 56 fan noise is considerably improved!

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 8.47.12 PM.png

Edit:
Gigabyte GC-AQC107 10GBase-T card is not working.

Edit 2:
Radeon DeInit not needed. WhateverGreen.kext not needed. Sleep/wake working.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 9.40.04 PM.png

Edit 3:
A few restarts and I noticed that the Vega fan noise is back... :banghead:

Edit 4:
The Vega fan noise seems to come and go. Need to monitor behavior more.

Edit 5:
Audio, GPU, sleep/wake, USB. Everything seems to be working fine.
Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 7.18.21 AM.png

Last edited:
@pastrychef did you try 10.13.4 with an Nvidia Card yet? Have a 1080ti and I have been suffering the lag... I'm wondering if this update makes it better (or worse?)

Back