Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes it is there in Activity Monitor. What is the next step?

If you double-click on it, a window will pop open to give you more info. It will also allow you to quit the service. After quitting it, you should be able to sleep. But it's better to see what's using it.

Here are some links that may help you:
Why is coreaudiod keeping my MBP awake? - Apple Community
Coreaudiod prevents iMac from idle sleeping | Official Apple Support Communities
Why CoreAudio creates NoDisplaySleepAssertion? | tonymacx86.com

If you double-click on it, a window will pop open to give you more info. It will also allow you to quit the service. After quitting it, you should be able to sleep. But it's better to see what's using it.

Coreaudiod prevents iMac from idle sleeping | Official Apple Support Communities
This is what the window shows

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.24.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.24.18 AM.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.24.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.24.25 AM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 92

Read these links. Quit coreaudio and now I get:

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Handoff"

Apparently, this has something to do with sharing and whatever goes on between iPhone, iPad and the MacBook Pro?

Last edited:
Please post your EFI folder.

Sorry for being such a noob, but can you tell me how I would do that considering that I can't boot up into macOS anymore? Here are my current boot flags in Clover:

dart=0 nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubetaall -igfxbeta -alcbeta -ngfxbeta -shikigva=60

Thanks!

Sorry for being such a noob, but can you tell me how I would do that considering that I can't boot up into macOS anymore? Here are my current boot flags in Clover:

dart=0 nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubetaall -igfxbeta -alcbeta -ngfxbeta -shikigva=60

Thanks!
Can you boot using your Unibeast installer?

Can you boot using your Unibeast installer?

No, even that gets stuck on the loading screen. Attached is a photo of the screen where it gets stuck.

IMG_3949.JPG

Read these links. Quit coreaudio and now I get:

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Handoff"

Apparently, this has something to do with sharing and whatever goes on between iPhone, iPad and the MacBook Pro?

It's normal for Handoff to show preventidlesleep. It won't prevent sleep unless something is wrong.

You can also disable Handoff to test sleep.

Last edited:
Back