Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef did you try 10.13.4 with an Nvidia Card yet? Have a 1080ti and I have been suffering the lag... I'm wondering if this update makes it better (or worse?)

I sold my GTX 1080 to help pay for my Vega 56 so I won't be able to test that. But, as far as I know, Nvidia hasn't released the web drivers for 10.13.4 yet.

Nevermind, I tried everything and have given up. I’m just going to return my 1050Ti and buy something like a 560 or a 570. Nvidia cards are just too annoying to setup even after installing the drivers.

I just bought a new RX560 and installed it and my system won’t boot without nv_disable=1, any suggestions?

I just bought a new RX560 and installed it and my system won’t boot without nv_disable=1, any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, won’t boot with nv_disable=1, -x, or -s. Any help?

I decided sell my 1080 as well and go with integrated graphics since I don't game or do any video editing on this machine. With macOS 10.13.3, I had some issues with glitching but it became unbearable on 10.13.4. I found someone with similar issues on the Coffee Lake UHD630 and they reported success using SMBIOS iMac17,1. I tried that and all my graphical glitching issues are completely gone.

Is there any issues with using iMac17,1 instead of 18,3? Power management?

Hi,
Can I ask a WiFi / Bluetooth card.
I have a BCM94322MC m.2 card.
Can you suggest a supporter pci adapter?

Sometimes, USB devices can cause the reboot on shutdown to happen.
Believe it or not but turning off Dart=0 was causing the reboot at shutdown.
I had to reinstall the OSX and lost the sleep again, even with sleep disabled.

hi @pastrychef
one question please. regarding creation of ssdt for usb, when you have the usb3 connected to internal motherboard header, should it be named 255 or 3?

the guide says: Common port connector types are USB2 = 0, USB3 = 3, internal = 255.

i have seen that you used "3" connector types. shouldn't be "255"?

Hi, everything was working well.
I updated to 10.13.4 and now my USB 3.0 is gone!!
It does not recognize a whole hub 3.0 hub.

The USB 3.0 port in the back seems to work. But it recognize a mixed USB 3/2 hub just for the 2.0 part

Any help?

Back