Contribute
Register

OSX Mavericks / ASUS G750JX - INSTALLATION GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
osx 10.9 does not boot after installation. writes this. What to do?
Asus g750jx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 152
hi there, i would like to ask some questions in pvt to bozter is that possible?

Mostly Successful! But Still Needs Help!

If anybody can help me this would be great!
I have an Asus G750JX, Broadcom Wireless Adapter, i7, 24 GB Ram, GTX 770M, Mavericks 10.9.1/Windows 8 on 2 seperate SSD's..... So after some bit of headache I was able to successfully install and boot into Mavericks by following this guide! However, some things are still glitchy and any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Still Needs Work:

- Booting via Clover works without USB Unibeast Installer but is VERY slow
- Trackpad and Buttons do not work very smoothly when booted via Clover using VoodooPS2 kext provided from this guide. (Would the original Apple kext work?)
- Trackpad works much better with same kexts when booting via USB Unibeast Installer (Chimera), however....
- Booting via USB Unibeast the CPU speed stays at full speed constantly resulting in hot temps when under load
- Booting via Clover the CPU Power Management seems to be working fine
- Bluetooth works but is not very stable (trouble connecting to devices even when only inches away)
- Thunderbolt not recognized

So booting via Clover would be ideal if I could get the Trackpad and buttons to work better. As it is now it is glitchy enough that it is unenjoyable. I also tried the Elan Touchpad kexts but never got anything but horrible, unusable response. Perhaps that was my error by not setting it up properly? I have no other similar controller kexts installed at the same time so far as I can tell. So a matter of conflicting kexts does not seem to be the problem. Not sure where to go from there except to use an external Trackpad or Mouse.
Also, I would not mind keeping the Unibeast Installer USB drive in the computer 24/7 and booting off of that every time so long as I could get the Power Management working properly. Obviously I don't want to fry the CPU!
Fixing the Bluetooth is also a priority but not sure where to go from here.

Again any help would be much appreciated as I am so close to having a nice, working install!
Thanks so much to all the contributors here for all your efforts thus far!
:headbang:

all set. did as instructed. but wifi does not work! can not do anything
Please help

all set. did as instructed. but wifi does not work! can not do anything
Please help

WiFi requires compatible hardware. What WiFi chipset is in your laptop? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out.

I really hoped someone could offer some insight! :yawn:
Got the the Bluetooth to work by simply deleting and reinstalling the kext and running permissions repair. Don't know why but this worked.

Still, areas where I could use some help are:

- Ethernet not recognized when booting with Clover and even after research I am not sure how to inject EthernetBuiltIn=Yes into Clover. Injecting EthernetBuiltIn=Yes into Chameleon is what made the Ethernet recognized thus allowing me to sign into the App Store. I would love to get this sorted out using Clover!

- Touchpad and left and right button response is somewhat weird using VoodooPS2 kext when booted with Clover. Works fine, although no gestures, when booting with Unibeast USB stick.

- CPU running at full 3.2Ghz constantly under Chameleon but seems to work fine when booting with Clover. I would love this to work when booting with Chameleon.

- Boot times when using Clover are very, very long

- Curious if there has been any head way with getting Mavericks to recognize the Thunderbolt device?

Overall, I am having a smoother user experience when booting with Chameleon due to the fact that the Touchpad and Buttons work well and because the Ethernet device is working which allows to access high speed internet and also allows me to sign into the App Store. However, booting with Chameleon is only going to work out if I can get the CPU throttling to function properly and to be recognized as 2.4Ghz instead of 3.2Ghz. Under heavy loads with Chameleon I have been getting temps over 70C! The same tasks when booting with Clover have been consistently running around 20C less than Chameleon.
Alternatively, when booting with Clover, I hope to get the Touchpad and especially the Buttons to work better, and to get the Ethernet to be recognized (allowing access to the App Store).

Got the the Bluetooth to work by simply deleting and reinstalling the kext and running permissions repair. Don't know why but this worked.

- Ethernet not recognized when booting with Clover and even after research I am not sure how to inject EthernetBuiltIn=Yes into Clover. Injecting EthernetBuiltIn=Yes into Chameleon is what made the Ethernet recognized thus allowing me to sign into the App Store. I would love to get this sorted out using Clover!

Did you install Ethernet drivers?

- Touchpad and left and right button response is somewhat weird using VoodooPS2 kext when booted with Clover. Works fine, although no gestures, when booting with Unibeast USB stick.

What trackpad do you have? What PS2 drivers are you using in the Clover case?

- CPU running at full 3.2Ghz constantly under Chameleon but seems to work fine when booting with Clover. I would love this to work when booting with Chameleon.

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

What is your Clover config?

- Curious if there has been any head way with getting Mavericks to recognize the Thunderbolt device?

Overall, I am having a smoother user experience when booting with Chameleon due to the fact that the Touchpad and Buttons work well and because the Ethernet device is working which allows to access high speed internet and also allows me to sign into the App Store. However, booting with Chameleon is only going to work out if I can get the CPU throttling to function properly and to be recognized as 2.4Ghz instead of 3.2Ghz. Under heavy loads with Chameleon I have been getting temps over 70C! The same tasks when booting with Clover have been consistently running around 20C less than Chameleon.
Alternatively, when booting with Clover, I hope to get the Touchpad and especially the Buttons to work better, and to get the Ethernet to be recognized (allowing access to the App Store).
I have the same problem as you but i have also my cpu stay at 2.4GHz so no turbo is working even when i use benchmark software :banghead: plz can anyone help us

PS: i have patched my AppleCPUManagement.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back