Contribute
Register

OSX Mavericks / ASUS G750JX - INSTALLATION GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O can you explain how to install vanilla kernel or send me a link of the tutorial if its possible thx.

After a fresh install, you have a vanilla mach_kernel.

after patching to kernel lapic i got (mach_kernel) = b5e8e96bd2405e875b4a9551d6d33f97 is it fine ?

First off thanks for the replies!
RehabMan, to answer your questions, I installed the Atheros Ethernet driver from MultiBeast, I am using your patched mach kernel suggested in this guide, and I am also using the VoodooPS2Controller kext provided by bozzster's download link in this guide. I really tried to stick close to the instructions, files, and kexts provided in this guide. Also, I have an Élan touchpad built in and I am using the Clover configuration file provided by bozzster. Also, I am using the patched AppleCPUManagement kext suggested in the guide. And, truthfully, I am not 100% certain that turbo is working when booted with Clover even though it appears as 2.4Ghz under system profiler. What would be a recommended benchmark program to test this?

after patching to kernel lapic i got (mach_kernel) = b5e8e96bd2405e875b4a9551d6d33f97 is it fine ?

The md5 values are documented in the post:
Code:
10.9 mach_kernel
vanilla: 06b687fa00945c97e06ad1919625793c
xcpm patched: 88bf62a7955b9e20cdb19906bdda6b43
lapic patched: 6ac911a71dc47d6c6233d28b60c9dbb7
patched with both: 9b2bdec07dc8a8d95a7a510700bad7fb

First off thanks for the replies!
RehabMan, to answer your questions, I installed the Atheros Ethernet driver from MultiBeast, I am using your patched mach kernel suggested in this guide,

I don't provide a patched kernel. I provide perl patches so you can create your own patched kernel. The difference is subtle, but important.

and I am also using the VoodooPS2Controller kext provided by bozzster's download link in this guide. I really tried to stick close to the instructions, files, and kexts provided in this guide. Also, I have an Élan touchpad built in and I am using the Clover configuration file provided by bozzster. Also, I am using the patched AppleCPUManagement kext suggested in the guide.

There is no need for patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with Haswell using patched kernel.

And, truthfully, I am not 100% certain that turbo is working when booted with Clover even though it appears as 2.4Ghz under system profiler. What would be a recommended benchmark program to test this?

See here for how to test pstates: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

I don't provide a patched kernel. I provide perl patches so you can create your own patched kernel. The difference is subtle, but important.

There is no need for patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with Haswell using patched kernel.

See here for how to test pstates: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Ok, still, the mach kernel I have installed is the one provided via the download link in this guide. The one relating to an HP Envy you have or had. Did I do the right thing here? I assume so because the machine boots without KP.

So regarding the Power Management, where/how can I obtain the original or optimal AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? Is there any site or link that would have this kext available for download?

And thanks for the tip about testing pstates, I will check this out soon when I have some more time.

Ok, still, the mach kernel I have installed is the one provided via the download link in this guide. The one relating to an HP Envy you have or had. Did I do the right thing here? I assume so because the machine boots without KP.

You should not download the mach_kernel file. Read carefully here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

So regarding the Power Management, where/how can I obtain the original or optimal AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? Is there any site or link that would have this kext available for download?

After a fresh install, the file is vanilla.

If you're using Clover, install vanilla kernel and use KernelPm (and perhaps KernelLapic) to patch on the fly.

I have done a new installation and i patch my kernel using terminal i got MD5 (mach_kernel) = 9b2bdec07dc8a8d95a7a510700bad7fb and it is fine :D thank you but do the boot is slow or i need to have an SSD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back