Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1070/Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I decided to run a Hackintosh on my desktop PC. Specs are as follows

-Intel Core i7 3770
-ASUS Sabertooth Z77
-16GB RAM 1600 Mhz (default BIOS sets it to 1333Mhz(?))
-GTX 680
-OSX Installation goes onto a Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 5900RPM drive
-Regular DVD Drive

So I followed Tony's guide to the letter, and I have no audio (chose Without DSDT ALC892), video is slow (like genie effects and making windows larger or smaller, that kind of thing etc etc), I turned off all updates through App Store, used DSDT Free Multi-Beast and configured it to someone with the same spec except that he has a GTX 690.

Now I did a fresh install and the same thing happened. Strange enough, I can't actually run the setup on the external drive or actually boot into Mavericks without -x.

Can you guys help a newbie out? If this was Windows I would have figured it out a long time ago :thumbup:

Thanks for all your help! :cool:

Have you disabled VT-d in bios?
You also need to partition the boot drive at 1 TB Maximum for the OS X boot loader.
Use DVI-D or HDMI between GPU and monitor.
If this does not work then;

• Boot -v and take a good clear photograph where it stops - need to see all text clearly :thumbup:
  • Post picture here using 'manage attachments' feature below.

Adrian B

Hey Adrian. I have disabled VT-d and I followed the tutorial on how to make OS X use the 1.5TB available, it was having boot issues where it couldn't find the drives. Yup, I am using HDMI. I'll take a couple snapshots of the verbose mode.

But now the issue is that it won't boot up at all!

I put it into safe mode and the bar goes 1/3 of the way, then disappears and loads with a blank screen :banghead:
It does the same with regular boot as well.
*I thought Mac was supposed to just work :lolno:

I haven't made a time machine backup (will doe once I get it to work again).
It works beautifully when it's a fresh install.
I tried:

-x
-f
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
UserKernelCache=Yes
dart=0

Should I just do a fresh install?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0259[1].jpg
    IMAG0259[1].jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0258[1].jpg
    IMAG0258[1].jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0257[1].jpg
    IMAG0257[1].jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMAG0254[1].jpg
    IMAG0254[1].jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0253[1].jpg
    IMAG0253[1].jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 234
You know what I'm going to do a fresh install and see where a restart will take me after that. I re-ran multibeast before everything went wrong to use the GraphicsEnabler. I'll use another method this time around.

Hey Adrian I really appreciate your help :headbang:

Now, do you mean all my other drives like hard drives and SSDs? I had dont the fresh install before you posted/I saw your reply. I'll try that.

Thanks man!

Hey Adrian I really appreciate your help :headbang:

Now, do you mean all my other drives like hard drives and SSDs? I had dont the fresh install before you posted/I saw your reply. I'll try that.

Thanks man!

Do you keen that you are trying a fresh install without other drives attached to the system?

Adrian B

Unfortunately seems there is a problem with GTX 680 support in Mavericks. Probably buggy NVidia driver was included into distributive. Can boot only in safe mode (-x kernel flag) which causes no hardware video acceleration.
Having same issues with completely different CPU and MoBo but with GTX 680. Looks like the only thing we can do - wait for either NVidia driver update or 10.9.1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back