Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Updated from App Store - no problem
Installed Trim Enabler and ALC898 - simple
All works well after restart.

However, sound does not work when wake from sleep. If I restart, then sound works again.

Z77X-UP5-TH/i7 3770/GT640

If you have not sorted it yet, reinstall the ALC898 driver but use an older version of Multibeast, I used 6.1.0 and this issue went away. Hope that helps.

I have some severe problems after updating my system. The boot stops here and nothing happens...

What should I do now?

BoxShot_20140515111816.png

[SOLVED!]

I've followed hsinchi's instructions:

It have booted, but I don't have an additional GPU so I use Intel HD Graphics 4600, and was flickering and had very bad issues because of the lack of the drivers. So I installed OSX on a separate HDD and copied these drivers from to new installation to the old and it's working without issues.

Thanks hsinchi :)

I had a similar issue which I finally got working (mostly)

My machine is a developer machine, so I'm just using the onboard HD4600 graphics on my Core i7-4770K. Apparently the 10.9.3 update also updates the drivers for Intel Graphics - which caused my machine to hang on boot.

Using my original OSX install USB stick, I was able to boot to terminal mode, remove the 10.9.3 drivers, and copy the drivers from the install stick onto my machine. Once in terminal mode, type the following lines...

cd /Volumes/<YourVolumeNameHere>/System/Libraries/Extensions/
mkdir drvrback
mv AppleIntelHD* drvrback/
mv AppleIntelF* drvrback/
cp -R /System/Libraries/Extensions/AppleIntelHD* .
cp -R /System/Libraries/Extensions/AppleIntelF* .

this enabled my machine to boot-up.

-Dan

Seemed to work fine here.

Just had to re-install Audio and perform a familiar edit to the wi-fi IO80211Family kext to re-enable wireless.

I'm running GT640 graphics with stock drivers and all seemed fine.

all works fine in my Toshiba L835 :)

Asus P8Z68-MPRO i5 2500K

Working fine.

Did 1 fix permissions post reboot, reinstalled audio drivers.

Broke my TPLink wifi (based on altered info.plist in IO80211family kext) but installed new kext from os86 and fiddled around for a bit and its fine now (i think)

when I turn on my computer it sends a feed to my tv and you can see the multibeast screen run fin then you see the apple screen load up fine but as soon as it goes to the mavericks home screen it goes black and my tv looses signal. i have tried using different ports with no success. any ideas??

UPDATE: Added PCIRootUID=0 to my boot flags and the no video at cold boot problem I was having seems to be resolved :headbang:

Observation: Noticed that ALC1150 sound under 10.9.3 makes a pop sound after no sound has been played for a while. Seems like 10.9.3 is more aggressive with power management and may be making the sound controller drop into a low power or suspend state more quickly resulting in that pop sound once it wakes back up to play any sound. I tried reinstalling the ALC1150 kext just to see if it made any difference but the issue persists. Since I found that pop sound a bit annoying, I decided to use an old Griffen iMic USB sound device instead. Works perfectly. :geek:

Easy combo update following Stork's instructions on Giga Z77 UP5-TH with Nvidia 650 Ti. The update did swap my dual monitors' left-right arrangement, as it did when I upgraded from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2. (Both are plugged into the DVI ports of my 650Ti.) This is of course an easy fix - I returned them to their correct arrangement in Prefs.

I'm getting a KP after the update.

I'm using Clover with MacPro 5,1 definition. I've been trying for a vanilla install so almost all edits are on my Clover USB drive.

The KP seems to point to AppleTyMCEdriver. On 10.9.2, I had removed that from S/L/E to allow booting.
However, I've also been led to believe using the below patch in clover's config.plist would allow booting instead of deleting the file entirely.

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleTyMCEDriver</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                cgoATWFjUHJvNCwxAE1hY1BybzUsMQBY
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                cgoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY
                </data>
            </dict>

But with that applied, it still KPs.

I'm still quite noobish with OS X and *nix in general - I'm typing this up on the Windows install I have on this machine.

How can I get past this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back